Maldonado Nursery & Landscaping Inc. | San Antonio, Texas Area
Maldonado Nursery & Landscaping, Inc. a leader in providing quality Landscaping, Irrigation, Landscape Maintenance and other Commercial Services is currently seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator for our corporate office in San Antonio, TX.
Maldonado Nursery & Landscaping, Inc. is a minority owned and operated, fast-growing company serving commercial and residential customers in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, Corpus Christi and surrounding areas since 1987.
Position: Safety Coordinator
- Assist with executing our safety strategy and zero accident culture on the project(s)
- Monitor daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules/policies
- Implement the project’s safety program
- Teach onsite safety classes including fall protection, excavation & confined space, scaffolding, electrical, OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 hour
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and HSE audits on all locations and equipment; identify areas of opportunity to reduce incidents, accidents, and injuries
- Hold field workers accountable for accident / incident prevention, hazards recognition and upholding the companies desired safety culture
- Assist in accident and incident investigations and reports.
- Assist with injury management from the initial accident / incident through the complete cycle of managing the injured employee.
- Conduct both proactive and reactive safety talks with employees
- Visit job sites to evaluate the performance of crews to ensure they are efficiently carrying out duties assigned and using proper safety and construction techniques.
- See that best practices are observed and maintained by both crews and subcontractors
- Investigates and analyzes all injuries and auto accidents.
- Maintains up-to-date OSHA 300 logs including yearly summary in HRIS system.
- Collaborate with Fleet Manager to ensure DOT compliance.
- Audit DOT onboarding process and work with HR Team to ensure compliance of records.
- Provides approved safety-related information to clients as requested in pre-qualifications, bid packages, and contracts.
- Records all injuries (including “near-miss” situations), accidents, and property damage in a well-organized manner; recognizes patterns and recommends preventative actions.
Requirements for this position include:
- 5 years of commercial construction safety experience
- Formal safety training including OSHA 500 in the construction industry and training in scaffolding, crane management, steel erection, emergency response, fall management, excavation and confined space, rigging, hazardous waste and NFPDS/erosion control
- Ability to identify and correct safety deficiencies in the field
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in a construction environment
- Candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a general contractor preferred
- Experience in management, job scheduling, field supervision, quality control, and training
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish is preferred
- Ideal candidate will also have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Safety Management and professional safety certifications (e.g. CSP, CHSP).
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, STD, LTD
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Opportunity for future career growth
Apply via LinkedIn here or email resume to: email@example.com