Safety Coordinator Job in US – XPO Logistics
Location: Commerce, CA, US, 90040
Company: XPO Logistics
Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world this year, and we are on Forbes’ list as one of America’s best employers in 2017. We’re looking for motivated candidates who are looking for an entry-level role to start their career. As the Field Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting terminal management with all safety-related duties and promoting XPO’s safety culture to terminal colleagues and drivers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead safety compliance and education, including monthly safety meetings and FMCSA regulations; conduct truck inspections and maintain inspection files, and assist in capturing information to complete accident files
- Ensure driver compliance by assisting with driver logs, maintaining and auditing driver trip reports and fuel receipts; communicate all new and updated information to ensure required driver awareness
- Conduct driver settlement and invoice processing, including review and rebill of invoices
- Process all vendor invoices to ensure timely payment
- Recruit and onboard drivers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of transportation or safety experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; ability to create complex formulas in Excel and queries in company software applications
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate degree
- 2 years of transportation or safety experience
- Ability to provide timely and professional support to all internal and external customers and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.