Safety Coordinator Job in Lancaster
Assists with the development and implementation of the organization’s safety and health programs and policies to ensure safe, healthy, and incident-free work environments on all shifts, in all departments and in multiple locations (Lancaster and Williamsport) by performing the duties listed. Provide the tools and support to operations management at all locations to promote a safety culture that encourages co-worker engagement and participation and drives to an incident-free workplace while conducting all activities in accordance with all applicable federal (OSHA), state and local laws and regulations. Travel (approximately 25-30%) to multiple locations required.
- Assist and support High Steel Structures operations management to create and implement safety and health programs and policies in conjunction with the Corporate Environmental Health & Safety department with the goal of an incident-free workplace while conducting all activities in accordance with all applicable federal (OSHA), state and local laws and regulations.
- Actively participate and support monthly Supervisor safety meetings, plant Safety Committee meetings and First Aid Team meetings.
- Develop and maintain an effective Tool Box Talk program for plant operations.
- Provide input and assist with the delivery of safety training at all levels of the organization. Topics may include, but are not limited to; safe work practices and procedures, personal protective equipment, fire prevention, crane operator certification, forklift operator certification, respirator training, new hire safety orientation and emergency response, etc. Maintain accurate records of training completion and certifications.
- Work in conjunction with the Corporate Environmental Health & Safety department to track and analyze workplace injuries and illnesses, with special emphasis on determining root causes and implementing corrective actions and prevention strategies to achieve an incident-free workplace. Follow up on post incident investigation recommendations and reports to operations management regarding results of investigation and corrective actions.
- Conduct facility inspections to detect potential hazards or system deficiencies. Determine corrective actions and coordinate these efforts with operations management. Track and maintain measures taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and prepare technical information, signs, posters, and other materials to educate the organization on hazards and incident prevention methods.
- Attend monthly Corporate Environmental Health & Safety department staff meetings to ensure a consistent approach on safety initiatives and programs throughout High Steel Structures operations.
- Support operations management on post-accident investigation recommendations and reports regarding results of investigation and planned preventive measures.
- Review proposed capital projects and make appropriate recommendations to operations management regarding safety compliance.
- Develop and track plant and department safety recognition programs for milestones in safety.
- Contact/communicate with outside vendors and suppliers to research and evaluate PPE and products pertaining to improving and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Promote and support the “Open Door” policy to address co-worker’s safety concerns and suggestions.
Experience, Training, Education:
- High school diploma or GED, Associates and/or BS degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of safety experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- General working knowledge of steel fabrication and yard operations
- Prior project or supervisory experience
- Proficient in personal computer skills
- Proficient verbal, written communications and presentation skills
License, Certificates or Registrations Required:
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- 30-Hour OSHA General Industry Course Certificate (preferred)
- Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) certification (preferred)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) (preferred)