Safety Coordinator Job in Indiana Sargent Electric Company
- East Chicago, IN
- Full Time
We are looking for a talented SAFETY COORDINATOR to manage the Company’s health and safety program for our industrial customers in our East Chicago, IN office. This position will report directly to the NW Regional Safety Manager. This position will require to provide site safety training for all employees as well as provide technical and safety support for the project leadership.
Local travel as needed in between facilities stationed within NWI.
- Provide general safety training to all personnel at the site and maintain training records that ensures compliance with OSHA and Department of Labor & Industry as well as all local and customer requirements.
- Support site leadership after incidents by using proven investigative skills to gather all the facts in a logical and sequential manner.
- Assist leadership in developing all causal factors for all Near Miss and other incidents.
- Develop corrective actions for each causal factor utilizing the Hierarchy of Controls.
- Be the voice for safety during all project planning meetings and provide the site leadership the safety support to make the safe decision.
- Assist in the development of Job Hazard Analyses and mitigation strategy that will prevent the opportunity for injury.
- Evaluate effectiveness of safety programs through daily field walks and compliance auditing.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the site leadership that enables them to correct employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors, and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors.
- Provide regular feedback to project leadership and the Regional Safety Manager in a constructive manner on need areas for safety improvement and recognition.
- Meet regularly with the field personnel and assist them in the development of project-specific corrective action plans to address safety issues.
- Collaborate with other safety professionals on the overall job site to discuss incident and near miss incidents and prevention measures throughout the site.
- Routinely meet with the Regional Safety Manager to discuss employee behaviors and factors for a safe working environment.
- Perform weekly toolbox talks with employees.
- Onboard all new employees and conduct the new hire orientation and training as required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence behaviors in both leadership and field personnel.
- Bachelors degree or requisite field safety experience.
- 4+ years of experience in the occupational, industrial, and commercial field safety or similar role.
- Minimum of OSHA 10 certification.
- Knowledge of OSHA as well as applicable consensus standards such as ASTM, ANSI and NESC.
- Must pass all pre-employment testing, including but not limited to background, clean automobile drivers record, BAC, drug, site security, and others that may be required at the time of employment.
- Industrial Electrical experience.
- Safety certification, such as CSP and OSHA 30.