Safety Consultant in United States – IMG Academy
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 83115BR
Business Group: Control Products and Solutions
Job Category: Software and Engineering
Relocation Eligible: No
Position Type: Full Time
Safety Consultant will provide delivery and support for Machine Safety Consulting services to internal and external customers. This position may include responsibility for identifying and proposing consulting services, specific to the services supporting the safety lifecycle or customized based on standards and customer need. In addition, the Safety Consultant is responsible for the delivery of all assigned projects. Role is heavily customer focused, working with partners, and other safety and project groups within Rockwell Automation. Project management, technical focus and communication skills are critical for success.
- Shows good understanding of fundamental safety consulting concepts deployed in support of customer objectives
- Manage and deliver upon standard safety consulting projects (including but not limited to: assessments, functional specification requirements, verification, validation, and remediation services)
- This role will focus on safety system design, safety system install support, and system validation
- Meet project milestones, or escalating as required to complete projects on time
- Leading customer meetings (team based risk assessments, customer trainings, functional requirement identification, etc.)
- Leverage safety service delivery processes, methodologies, and tools
- Typically capable of independent work in project delivery methodologies and use of tools
- Interface as needed with other Safety teams within Rockwell Automation
- Work with sales offices for customer pre-sales support or other customer/distributor awareness events
- Capable of supporting the sales channel in identifying, qualifying, and closing machine safety projects
- Demonstrated ability to propose consulting projects
- Strong understanding of machine safety in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of discrete manufacturing processes, automation design and integration
- Capable of independent work
- Strong technical knowledge in safety standards, consulting services, and/or remediation services
- Knowledge and firsthand experience in working with safety legislation, e.g. OSHA, IEC, ISO Safety standards (61508, 61511, 62061, 13849, etc.), or equivalents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present and communicate effectively to a large audience
- Ability to travel extensively, and visit customer plants, complying with the customer work and safety rules is required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Position can be located anywhere but preferred in the Southwest part of the United States.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical discipline
- 3+ years working experience with safety products, safety assessments and safety remediation solutions
- Typically requires 5 years’ experience in managing projects / programs
- TUV Technician, Engineer, or Expert level certification (or equivalent)
- Further education in business administration, operations or project management
- Holds a current certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Customer/Partner focus: comprehending the needs and requirements of customers or business partners to provide them with strategic value
- Strong commercial skills
- Multiple language skills and cultural experience derived from living outside of home country.