Job Title: Safety and Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Functional area: HSEQ
Location: LA PORTE-RESEARCH&TECHNO CENTER(TX-USA) USA
Offer ID: 8948BR
Experience level required: 3 – 6 years, 6 – 10 years
Branch: Refining & Chemicals
Job Expires: 28-Sep-2017
About us / Company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Main functions of this position is to protect the safety and health of company and contractor personnel, ensure compliance with regulations, corporate policies and HSE objectives, reduce business risk and safeguard the company’s reputation. This position oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of programs regarding Industrial Hygiene (IH) and contributes as necessary to the Occupational Safety program. Specific functions include the development, implementation and continual improvement of industrial hygiene programs such as workplace exposure assessments and annual monitoring plans to safeguard employee health. The position coordinates with site personnel to ensure workplace exposures and required engineering controls and personal protection are understood and in place at the sites. Position collaborates with the Product Stewardship Group which is responsible for toxicity testing epidemiology studies and safety data sheets for our products.
- Responsible for corporate industrial hygiene program compliance with regulations and company rules.
- Implementation and management of company-wide software applications utilized to capture industrial hygiene data
- Ensuring the accuracy of industrial hygiene monitoring results, proper communication of the results to site leadership and affected employees, developing and effectively communicating recommendations to Site Leadership as required to protect employees from overexposure.
- Supporting management and facility personnel as requested with industrial hygiene and occupational safety issues may actively participate on global implementation teams.
- Coordinating and managing the corporate Workplace exposure assessment and IH monitoring plans for all sites.
- Developing and revising company industrial hygiene and occupational safety and health procedures to keep current with regulations.
- Coordinating IH budget needs with Manager
- This position is required to interface internally with operational and business management at all levels of the Company.
- May be required to participate or lead functional teams to develop and implement procedures and processes for regulatory and corporate compliance.
- The position will be expected from time to time to report progress to senior management and represent the Company in trade associations and other external activities.
|Education and experience requirements