Safety and Health Manager Job in Melbounre, Australia
Location: Australia, Oceania
Employment Type: Permanent
Sector: Power and Renewables
Leap29 have a fantastic opportunity, which is available in Melbourne for Health and Safety Manager for large scale Solar PV Development. The position needs to be filled relatively promptly and we are looking for candidates ideally from Developer background which the health and safety experience.
The Safety and Health Advisor for Australia will be responsible for creating and maintaining an effective safe and healthy culture across office, construction and maintenance, operational and project based activities. This position will work closely with all members of the team to support and train them in order to build a strong safety and health focus in all aspects of business operations.
• Overall management of safety and health for the business in Australia with support from existing team members, other global internal teams and external consultants as required;
• Contribute to building and maintaining a safe culture by consulting with Management and the team to implement and monitor effective solutions;
• Create necessary practices and procedures that align with other activities to fulfil necessary legislative and operational needs;
• Manage regular and accurate reporting on safety and health matters sharing results and findings with the team;
• Working closely with a range of project teams to ensure health and safety on different construction and operational solar farm sites;
• Successfully investigate and resolve safety and health issues;
• Create and conduct training sessions on safety and health topics and themes to upskill and maintain understanding across the Australian team;
• Manage return to work and work cover processes as necessary;
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Relevant experience in safety and health in Australia across a range of white and blue collar activities;
• Working knowledge of relevant safety legislation and standards with the ability to translate into practical applications for the business;
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant safety and health discipline;
• Experience creating and successfully implementing new practices and procedures promoting strong engagement and adherence;
• Experience in successfully investigating and closing out safety and health related issues;
• Good communication skills with the ability to lead and influence stakeholders;
• Ability to prioritise effectively in a busy project orientated environment;