Safety Advisor job in China
Job Ref: 131106BR
Location: Yulin, China
key accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide safety solutions and challenges to the site team.
- Provide a regular overview of the key safety risk areas and assessments of controls. Work with site team to improve their control frameworks in a pro-active manner. Effective site roll-out of safety plans and project wide awareness campaigns.
- Manage site safety performance reporting.
- Participate in Incident investigation.
- Facilitate safety inspections and audits.
- Train, coach and motivate staff and contractors in safety related matters and issues.
- Work closely aligned with Environment, Health and Security to enable HSSE success.
- Provide Contract safety assistance for Contracts/Procurement, e.g. HSE MS verification to potential vendors.
- Train, coach and motivate contractors on implementing Golden Rules, Life Saving Rules and Process Safety Fundamentals to achieve Goal Zero target.
- Champion a I am Goal Zero Culture and intervention mind-set.
- Collates data from activities, reviews trends and monitors performance. Identifies areas for improvement and develops strategies to address the shortfalls.
- Intervene and report.
- Atleast 8 to 10 years working experience preferred in the Oil and Gas Industry, with significant HSSE exposure and strong HSSE track record over number of years.
- Good understanding of Operations, Construction and Drilling/CWI HSSE Case requirements.
- Deep experience in one or more functions: Plant-Asset Operation, Environment – Environmental management, Wells operations – drilling and CWI, Facilities – Construction Activities, HSE Leadership – coaching and mentoring, Training – facilitation, mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge of PRC legislations on HSSE is essential.
- Degree in Science or Engineering or an advanced degree in HSSE Management.
- Fluent in both Chinese and English – verbal and written
- Membership of relevant recognized professional institute/body is viewed as an advantage.
- Some personal attributes such as good communication (at all levels) and influencing skills with others who may be less familiar with HSSE priorities/concerns/issues, self-managing, highly organized and excellent planning and planning function, take the lead proactively on managing HSSE opportunities & risks and onsistently display a real passion, energy and urgency for HSSE improvement that promotes others to act.
How to Apply
interested and qualified persons can apply for this role by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.