Safety Advisor Job in Canada – ExxonMobil
You will work with multiple experts in various health and safety subject areas supporting Imperial’s upstream operations. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to act as an oocupational health and safety advisor for new project(s) and corporate intiaitves (this will entail, developing and rolling out corporate health and safety intiatives, providing occupational health and safety regulatory advice, providing field support, and stewarding health and safety performance).
Examples of specific responsibilities
- Provide health and safety guidance to support Imperial’s upstream leadership teams in the goal of achieving “Nobody Gets Hurt”.
- Develop health and safety plans / programs as required by the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and / or site management. Ensure establishment of adequate control processes and implementation per local regulations and Imperial expectations. This may include:
- Systematically assessing the effectiveness of existing Safety, Health and Security programs.
- Support risk assessments to ensure health and safety risks are properly understood and addressed.
- Support and / or participate in investigations and follow-up of incidents.
- Develop safety related lessons learned for sharing across the corporation.
- Champion for application of behavioural based safety programs and processes to improve safety performance of ongoing operations.
- Support / Advise site management and safety advisors in areas of safety / health / security and emergency preparedness.
- Guide / Support field safety advisors to establish and implement plans that meet or exceed corporate requirements.
- University Degree and/or technical diploma/certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years work experience in safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience).
- Demonstrated work experience in Safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Preferred working knowledge of safety management practices, processes, and expectations
- Thorough knowledge of safety standards, codes, and practices
- Ability and desire to function in an integrated project team environment
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with emphasis on effective communications
- Maintains a high degree of ethical conduct
- Must be able to effectively communicate / influence multiple levels, from Senior Level Manager to Worker
- Ability to work in harsh environments winter temperature (-40C)
- Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within the asset Team
- May have location-specific fitness for duty requirements (examples include standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, & reaching)
Start date: September 2019
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs – enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Early Professional Development Program – provides you with the opportunity to specialize in a specific area of expertise or develop skills in a variety of different areas. You will quickly be given large areas of responsibility and will be encouraged to take on stretch assignments as you progress.
- Competitive vacation package – provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
- We are the 5,000 men and women of Imperial.
- At Imperial, Canada is more than a place to do business. It’s our home.
- For more than a century, we’ve strived to reach our high standards protecting the environment and maintaining operational excellence.
- Imperial employees strive to be preferred developers of Canada’s resources.
- Our continued success will be driven by a commitment to continuously innovate processes, training and technologies along with our ever-present respect for the communities in which we work.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: August 5, 2019