Roving Safety and Security Officer Job in Nigeria – The Safety and Security Officer provides the country team with technical assistance, monitoring the compliance to INTERSOS risk management plan of all country’s dispersed operational offices.
The position will concentrate on ensuring that structures and systems for safety and security management are in place and properly utilized.
She / He will provide direction and technical support in developing and maintaining country programs’ context-specific field security plans.
Staff, program, and premises:
- Secure INTERSOS premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates.
- Ensure INTERSOS compound are safe and secure, fences and gates are strong enough and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries.
- Ensure Security guards are aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty.
- Monitor on regular basis and ensure security guards have access to basic security equipment (torch, mobile phone + charger and credit and INTERSOS emergency contact list.
- Take appropriate security/safety measurements to limit and mitigate the security/safety risk and damages of INTERSOS premises.
- Monitor on regular bases and ensure INTERSOS offices and guesthouses are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits and emergency contact list.
- Ensure there is safe area for fleet parking, drivers alerted for any evacuation in an immediate notice.
- Conduct Security assessment of INTERSOS new premises before INTERSOS goes with lease contract signatures.
- Identify an exit route for all distribution point, arrange transportation and safety measurements to evacuate staff – in case the distribution turn to violence.
Transport and movement:
- Ensure all vehicles equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and INTERSOS emergency numbers.
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction.
- Monitor with Logistic team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles in INTERSOS with the new GPS tracking system.
- Coordinate staff movement in the field – with coordination of Field Security Focal Points.
Communication and reporting:
- Ensure staff are always updated on security situation in the country – by e-mail, SMS, or other existed communication system.
- Maintain a solid communication with staff, security organization and other stakeholders in Maiduguri and fields levels.
- Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition, including VHF Radio, Thuraya SAT phone and mobile phones.
- Follow up of SIR (Security Incident Report) with Security Focal Points at LGA level.
- Support the Safety and Security Coordinator to consolidate Security Monthly report and analysis.
- Provide visitors and new staff with an induction on security and with regular security briefings and updates and ensure that all staff follow security procedures.
- Ensure that INTERSOS’s security management plans are relevant and constantly updated as appropriate and that all staff know their roles and responsibilities.
- Identify with support of Security Coordinator and HR department, Security and Safety training for staff.
- Facilitate safety and security training to ensure staff are aware of INTERSOS Country Security Plan, Country Security context and INTERSOS security Operation procedures (SOPs)
- Bachelor of Sciences (BSc), High National Diploma (HND) in Criminology · Intelligence and Security Studies · Cyber Security · Strategic and Social Science masters is an added advantages.
- Minimum of 12 months experience working in security-sensitive environments (Nigeria Northeast)
- Communicates strategically under pressure.
- Manages stress and complexity.
- Actively promotes safety and security.
- Undergone formal or informal training in security.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Knowledge of computer software MS, Excel, and Power point.
- Excellent communication skills- English both oral and written.
- Highly motivated.
- Flexible, reliable, and trustworthy
How To Apply
Interested candidates should complete this formand attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 14th November 2022 at 4:00 PM.