Rig Safety Coordinator Schlumberger United States
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
The Rig Safety Coordinator (RSC) supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving the HSE culture within the worksite and assists the Rig Superintendents, Well Site Leaders, Client HSE representatives and Rig contractor supervisor in coordinating and implementing the QHSE Management System and tools.
- Support and enforce daily implementation of the SLB and client HSE Management Systems
- Conduct rig inspections in all areas in regular basis as part of the daily activities
- Show visible commitment and be seen as leader towards QHSE at all times.
- Ensure ERP is strictly followed for any HSE incident.
- Conduct formal reviews of Segments and Third Parties equipment installations at rig site
- Immediately intervene and report any HSE nonconformance to the Well site leader.
- Support and enforce PTW system compliance for all nonroutine operations
- Actively participate in Tool Box Talks / Safety meetings, etc.
- Provide support in creating risk analysis such as JSAs, HAZOP and HARC’s
- Ensure that Companies policies are posted, known, understood and applied by all employees.
- Conduct applicable training of personnel. Review certification records and keep personnel well aware of their HSE training requirements and gaps.
- Verify HSE compliance of contractors according to their job related.
- Input monthly reports data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in Rig moves ensuring Mechanical Lifting Plans are applied
- Organize and measure ERP effectiveness trough regular drills as per schedule
- Verify all new or transferred personnel have attended a Schlumberger orientation covering specific country and project topics, including security and HSE, and verify that the orientation is documented.
- Ensure that regular and sufficient meetings are held to maintain focus on HSE issues.
- Conduct site orientation meetings which should include relevant emergency planning information, alarm signals and precautions to be taken before and during major emergencies to all participants, to any local community exposed and to local emergency response personnel.
- Follow up compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental Plans (SLB and Client) specific for the location.
- Actively support any positivereinforcement behavior programs to reward and recognize members of the project team from all levels, including subcontractors.
- Maintain appropriate HSE and associated records.
- Participate in SLB CAT, Journey Management, IT, SIPP and other audit protocols as required.
- Lead HSE Meetings with segments and key contractors.
- Responsible for HSE leadership programs implementations (i.e. Safety Captain) when applicable
- Ensures HSE reporting is consistent with the requirements of OFSQHSE Standard 02 and Client requirements.
- Monitors and analyses HSE leading and lagging indicators, results, trends and performance indicators; ensuring remedial work plans address negative trends.
- Minimum 3 years’ HSE experience in a similar role
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and communicates effectively with supervisors and peers
- People and process oriented
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- NEBOSH certification
- OSHA certification
- Land Rig Operations experience
- University degree or Master’s degree in a related fields such as the below are preferred.
- Occupational health & safety
- Environmental science/management
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship