Remediation Process Engineer Canada
Job Ref.: CAL00DS
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Calgary
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Jan 21, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Core Service Manager
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of WorleyParsons providing solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. WorleyParsons is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that meet and exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world’s leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
The Remediation Process Engineer opening is a full-time position with WorleyParsons Canada’s Decommissioning and Restoration Group in Calgary, AB. As the lead remediation process engineer you will be responsible for the design and operation of water treatment and contaminated water remediation systems. The ideal candidate will have multi-disciplinary engineering experience on large and small projects in a consulting environment.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
As a successful candidate, you will work closely with members of the Advisian Decommissioning and Restoration Group, the Advisian Water Group, and WorleyParsons Services as an internal knowledge focal point and cross-discipline project liaison. The position requires the knowledge and skills necessary to produce/oversee detailed engineering of mechanical treatment systems, including the responsibilities outline below.
Design, Engineering, and Construction
- Process design including development of: Basis of Design documents, system hydraulic modelling, heat and material balance, process diagrams (BFDs, PFDs, and P&IDs), system equipment lists, control and operating philosophies, equipment selection/sizing, and system HAZOP/HAZIDs;
- Prepare technical specifications for system components, including: mechanical equipment, piping, instrumentation, and control systems;
- Coordinate with the drafting team to develop detailed design drawings;
- Manage multi-discipline teams and sub-contractors; and
- Complete construction management activities, such as reviewing of: schedules, shop drawings, and request for information enquiries; and completion of: construction inspections, progress reports, and construction documentation records.
Studies, Analysis, and Reports
- Complete historical data analysis with strong attention to detail;
- Conduct pilot programs to evaluate remediation concepts;
- Review operational data of existing water/wastewater systems with the intent of optimizing system performance to address project objectives;
- Interpret/review water chemistry data to assess treatment compatibility, negative chemical interactions (i.e. scale, precipitation, and/or corrosion issues), etc.;
- Develop feasibility studies / design options analysis and associated cost estimates; and
- Present of project findings to clients and regulators in detailed reports.
Advancing Business Development and Technical Initiatives
- Advancing business development initiatives by taking a lead doer-seller role within the Group;
- Developing strong relationships with internal and external clients, vendors, and colleagues;
- Coach and mentor junior staff members; and
- Developing the technical training program, including: training materials, internal technical communication, and procedures/documentation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with APEGA;
- Preference will be given to qualified professionals with 15 years of relevant engineering experience;
- Possess strong business development capabilities and an understanding of the consulting business;
- Field experience with hands-on involvement in the optimization of water treatment systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and to respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Understand the requirements of a leadership role with the ability to proactively take initiative and strengthen/build this business line;
- Dedication to teaching, training, learning, and continual career development;
- Strong organization skills and capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer and technical writing skills; and
- Valid driver’s license is required as the position may involve travel throughout the province.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below: