Regional Environmental Health Safety & Security Manager Job in United States
Company: Dana Limited
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
PURPOSE: Regional EHSS Manager responsible for the coordination of the HSS management system in US LVD (11 sites for HSS) and Environmental supervisory and oversight for over 30 sites in the US. The position will monitor environmental compliance activities for US All BUs and assist in US LV safety and security activities as directed by the BU EHSS leader for LV.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· HSS (Health, Safety, Security) responsibility for US Plants (11 sites) in LVD, responsibilities include:
o Managing an overall risk-based safety & health program.
o Develop annual HSS business plans identifying functional activities, training, machine guarding, ergonomic and other EHSS improvements needed with action plans and target implementation dates.
o Identify historical loss experience and statistical improvement goals for both short and long-term measurement consistent with corporate HSS initiatives.
o Integrate safety and health culture within all operations and at all levels of shop floor and management teams.
o Oversees facility US LVD EHSS leaders (and others assigned EHSS in LVD responsibilities), providing functional guidance, support, and feedback for effectively delivering on company EHSS initiatives throughout the assigned region and/or Business Unit.
o Monitor safety leading and lagging indicators for applicable plants.
o Ensure JSRA (Job Safety Risk Assessments) and TSAC’s (Task Safety Assessment Card) are implemented at US LVD facilities.
o Responsible for performing EHSS Assessments throughout the organization as requested and in accordance to corporate protocol. Follow-up as needed to assure that deficiencies identified as part of the assessment are satisfactorily resolved.
o Ensure Contractor safety and environmental requirements are followed in accordance to corporate HS&S initiatives.
o Support and participate in ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 assessments, agency inspections and internal lSO audits to monitor compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
o Partner with operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are taken and to ensure continued day-to-day management of safety, security, and environmental issues.
· Environmental Supervisory and Oversight responsibility for all US Plants (30+ sites) to include:
o Monitoring and supervising the environmental activity calendar for regulatory requirements for US facilities on a monthly basis. Each site is responsible for tactical activities pertaining to environmental activities.
· Provide oversight and supervisory support for systems and programs to control, mitigate or abate environmental air, water, waste polluting activities and their associated impacts to the environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· BS Degree in EHSS or related field or at least 10+ years experience managing EHSS in a manufacturing environment.
· CSP (Certified Safety Professional) designation or regional equivalent is preferred. Other related credentials are a plus i.e., CIH, OHST, CPE, CHMM.
· Knowledge and experience is required for the following:
o Regional safety requirements
o Machine guarding methodologies
o R15.06 – Robotics and automation in manufacturing, including conducting risk assessments.
o Regulatory agency inspections and contest procedures
o Physical security methodologies
o Arc flash and electrical safe work practices
o Job safety analyses and risk assessments
o Workers Compensation
o Safety and Environmental Management systems (ISO 45001 and 14001 respectively). Experience in implementing, maintaining and improving ISO 45001 and 14001 Management Systems.
o Willingness and ability to travel >50% domestically
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing environmental issues in manufacturing facilities.
· Thorough understanding of U.S. environmental regulations and their practical application in various manufacturing locations.
· Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise, simplified manner
· Effective interpersonal skills dealing with people at various levels and in a variety of functions within an organization
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Willingness to share knowledge and implemented best practices among sites
· Ability to interpret regulation intent and apply in a real world production environment
· Ability to focus and achieve intended outcomes
· Ability and willingness to work effectively with all levels of the organization
· Ability to produce work efficiently, accurately, thoroughly, and on time with little oversight using sound judgement and reasoning skills incorporating all of the facts
· Working overtime and weekends if/when the situation requires
· Ability to identify issues, define root cause, and lead to manage change
· Ability to monitor multiple projects at multiple sites with changing priorities
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization