Quality & HSE Supervisor Alpha Technologies United States
SUMMARY: The Quality & HSE Supervisor is responsible for the establishment, testing, and auditing of quality standards and procedures. In addition, the Quality & HSE Supervisor will ensure ongoing compliance to required HSE standards and OSHA regulations through effective training of well-defined procedures, thorough auditing of performance to those procedures, and leading overall initiatives to highlight and carry out improvement opportunities to reduce risk.
Alpha Technologies, a Roper Technologies company, is the world leader in the design, manufacture, service and support of precision rubber and polymer laboratory instrumentation and data acquisition/analysis software systems.
Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities
- Ensure the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS) conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and regulatory / legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring materials meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product recalls
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection / calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Develop, author, implement, and monitor HSE programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local HSE regulations.
- Act as the HSE technical resource providing guidance and expertise for moderate to complex situations, programs, and processes that resolve stakeholder concerns.
- Perform risk assessments, rank risks with regard to relevant exposures and hazards, develop and present corrective solutions.
- Develop and measure KPIs to assess HSE program effectiveness
Utilize safety-by-design, job safety / hazard analysis, and HSE practice integration techniques to resolve hazards and exposures in operations processes.
- Facilitate and attend monthly Safety Committee meetings, providing guidance and expertise on safety and health matters.
- Ensure that all action items resulting from meetings are followed through to completion.
- Conduct safety inspections of work spaces, equipment, and operations.
- Make recommendations and facilitate the implementation of effective measures to eliminate or significantly reduce hazards to an acceptable level throughout the facility.
- Ensure PPE is appropriate, available, and in good-working condition for employee use.
- Continually develop and facilitate various HSE related training topics as required.
- Assertively conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and propose corrective solutions to prevent recurrence, and work with appropriate personnel to implement solutions.
- Carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identify trends, and suggest improvement plans.
- Maintain detailed documentation pertaining to all safety, health, and environmental matters including incident reports, risk assessments, Workers Compensation documentation, OSHA 300 logs, and other documentation as required.
- Liaise and be the contact for regulatory agencies (OSHA, etc.), Occupational Medical facility, and employees throughout any work-related injuries and maintain documentation to support findings.
- Facilitate and attend monthly management plant audits, providing guidance, coaching, and direction to management on relevant safety auditing fundamentals.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate Safety, Quality and Environment System procedures and update accordingly in response to changes in legislation and company directives.
Education – Experience – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or related field required
5+ years of experience in HSE related position in a manufacturing facility required.
- 2+ years of experience managing an ISO 9001 or ISO 17025 system required
2+ years supervisory/management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in the rubber or capital equipment industries preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Technical writing experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in problem solving and root cause analysis.