Quality/HSE/ISO Leader iMPREG LLC United States
Industry: Construction, Plastics, Building Materials
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Quality Assurance, Management, Manufacturing
Impreg LLC is looking for a Quality/HSE/ISO Leader to join our team in Richmond, Virginia. The Quality/HSE/ISO Leader provides day to day oversight for all Quality Control; Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE); and ISO functions and owns the Quality Management System (QMS) of the manufacturing plant. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is an integral part of the plant leadership team. The Quality/HSE/ISO Leader ensures that plant processes are being followed according to the QMS and that raw materials, work in process, and finished products meet our customer’s quality specifications. He/She owns the HSE programs and understands that a zero incident mindset drives all decisions, actions, and activities. The Quality/HSE/ISO Leader will lead and direct the quality technicians, oversee testing protocols, maintain documentation, certify plant ISO 9001 and 14001 compliance, and perform the responsibilities necessary to ensure that our products are regarded as the highest quality products available to the market. He/She will ensure total plant compliance to all HSE federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Typical responsibilities for this role are:
- Create a safety first employee culture; leading by example.
- Operate in a continuous improvement mind-set and create a continuous improvement employee culture.
- Manage plant HSE program and processes.
- Serve as facility contact and subject matter expert for all regulatory agencies
- Ensure annual employee OSHA regulatory training is performed and documented.
- Oversee all HSE compliance permitting, training, and documentation.
- Ensure plant operates within federal, state and local environmental permit limits.
- Oversee all quality control testing.
- Ensure all incoming raw materials, work in process, and finished products meet specifications.
- Analyse quality data and SPC trends and recommend changes to improve the process.
- Establish and implement a plant Quality Management System (QMS)
- Work with Operations & Logistics Leader to determine root cause of defects, quarantine product if required, and implement corrective/preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
- Become plant subject matter expert for material testing and product capabilities
Manage plant ISO program (ISO 9001, 14001)
- Conduct internal ISO audits as required to ensure compliance.
- Partner with ISO certifying organization to identify any certification deficiencies and implement corrective actions to mitigate.
- Represent plant for external ISO audits
Manage document and record controls for ISO and HSE.
- Assist Application Engineers with product information as needed.
- Develop testing protocol training plan for Quality Control technicians.
- Determine appropriate quality control test schedule and revise as necessary.
- Implement quality technician standard work to ensure a consistent testing process.
- Assist Operations & Logistics Leader and Maintenance Leader to develop operator and craft standard work using ISO methodology as a guideline.
- Assist in development of appropriate operator response to equipment and process upsets to ensure safety and quality are not compromised.
- Review and update safety and environmental training manuals.
- Review and update quality assurance manuals.
- Participate/Facilitate in team meetings reviewing safety metrics, quality metrics, corrective action status, and any identified gaps to compliance.
- Establish, monitor, and publish safety and quality performance metrics daily, weekly, monthly as required.
- Coach employees to allow them to reach their full potential.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams frequently to ensure alignment of plant goals and strategies.
- Associate’s degree in one of the Sciences from an accredited university, in related technical background.
- Certified USA ISO auditor
CSP, ASP, or SMS certification.
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001 manufacturing requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA regulatory training requirements
Six Sigma/Lean certification or working knowledge.
- 5 to 10 years prior Quality Control Leader experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5 to 10 years prior HSE Leader experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proven experience in implementing a Quality Management System.
- Well-developed experience in establishing and analyzing Quality metrics (Statistical Process Control charting, Capability Analysis, Design of Experiments, etc.)
- Proven ability to rapidly solve problems in a fast paced environment with limited information.
- Proven ability to work self-directed, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize conflicting responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a team environment.
Ability to travel out of the country as required for training and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the Sciences from an accredited university, in related technical background.
- Experience in implementing an Environmental Management System.
- Knowledge of liquid raw material compliance testing.
- Knowledge of plastics compression testing.