QHSE Project Manager Houston, USA
Job Ref: 180002BL
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project economics.
The Quality Project Manager will be responsible for leading the QHSE project improvements within Ops Support Hub for North America. Provides mentoring and leadership to functional team members and business unit. Facilitates communication between key support functions within the department and business unit.
- Leads and manages continuous improvement projects and opportunities that supports the QHSE vision and strategy
- Supports development of strategic plans to proactively identify and mitigate quality & HSE threats and opportunities to the business.
- Proactively identifies areas to enable the organization to progress towards the QHSE vision and strategy
- Leads integration opportunities leveraging shared services and identifies cost savings opportunities
- Promotes improvement to client experience and a preventative culture
- Promotes standardization, simplification and alignment of QHSE across the region
- Supports leadership and communication to upper management
- Is a change agent for the new QHSE department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in numerous disciplines such as Project Management, Operations, or QHSE.
- Experience with Continuous improvement is required
- Must have ability to work with a multi-team environment and to contribute to Project and Product team performance.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise written narratives, memoranda and evaluation reports. Ability to facilitate meetings; conduct training over a diverse functional audience; to include management.
- Shows understanding of business unit and external and internal factors affecting business.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of personal computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Strong in effective communication.
- Office environment with frequent trips to the shop and to other offices in the plant.
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
- Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change. Frequent interaction with Quality, Engineering, Finance and Operations staff members.