Project Safety Coordinator Job in Kazakhstan
Requisition ID: 2019-41147
Work Location: KZ-Karabatan
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
- Coordinate on – time delivery of the HSSE package foundation for the Low risk/Medium risk/High risk Projects during its inception, tender evaluation and execution.
- Ensure timely analysis of the Project HSSE Performance (lagging and leading) and feedback with recommendation for improvement to the attention of Project stakeholders.
- Develop coaching relationships with the rest of Project Safety Personnel and Projects Construction Team. Focus on helping them achieve Company’s safety culture and continuously improve the Company’s safety performance. This includes the provision of ongoing feedback to them;
- Lead by demonstrating the required behaviours, attitudes and mind-set to further develop a strong Corporate safety culture;
- Participate in the development of Safety &Health performance measures, understand the relative value, interpret results and coach/influence staff on how to improve safety performance;
- Coordinate and Contribute to the Training, Development, Coaching, Mentoring and Competency assessments of Local staff in the area of Oil &Gas Project Safety. Provide support to the Safety Engineers and Project personnel in the interpretation and application of safety rules, regulations and legislation;
- Facilitate the implementation and administration of Corporate HSSE policies, processes and systems and monitor compliance with all relevant legislation, policies and regulations;
- Provide consultation and assist in risk identification assessment, hazard analysis and job planning. Develop job aids and methods to assist site personal in these tasks;
- Monitor site conditions and behaviours to identify risks and provide site leaders with input and recommendations to enhance safety performance; Coordinating and participating in Project Risk Assessment Reviews.
- Coordinate audit recommendations, and assist in the development of corrective action plans in consultation with Projects Manager;
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical or Engineering Degree (e.g. Health & Safety/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent)
- Minimum 6-8 years in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry, in relevant role at site, to have included: – experience in supporting HSSE aspects of Project Management and Contractor HSSE Management in the field – experience in setting HSSE Processes/ Management systems – experience in PTW procedures;
- Experience in establishing and implementing accident and incident investigation;
- Preferable knowledge of Emergency Response procedures; Fire Fighting and protection equipment;
- Knowledge of high H2S environment working conditions; preferable – knowledge of risk assessment processes- HAZOP/HAZID; PTW; SIMOPS/MOPO – knowledge of international and local codes and standards related to safety;
- IOGP – experience in Preparing HSSE performance data reports and using statistical software packages;
- Preferable experience in HSSE Culture Improvement programs