Project HSE Advisor Job in Canada
Primary Location: CAN-BC-North Vancouver
Unposting Date: Ongoing
- Develop project HSE Plans and advise project management on HSE requirements contained within the project HSE Plan.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the project HSE management systems in accordance with local and regional legislative requirements.
- Support continuous improvement of the strategic HSE project plans in alignment with corporate HSE management systems.
- Ensure the project operates within Worley Corporate, Customer and legislative HSE requirements and expectations.
- Provide interpretation of appropriate OH&S legislation as it applies to the project.
- Provide support with the project incident management and investigation protocol – inclusive of root cause analysis and identification of preventative measures.
- Support in tracking and reporting project HSE performance metrics inclusive of both leading / lagging indicators and analyze trends on the basis of continuous improvement.
- Support role in project emergency preparedness planning specific to potential emergency scenarios.
- Support the development and implementation of the project occupational risk management processes.
- Steward adherence to project HSE processes and measure performance through inspections and assessments to achieve targeted business output and improvement levels.
- Facilitate and support project HSE training and orientation requirements.
- Support HSE pre-qualification evaluation of contractors to ensure they are capable of meeting company expectations.
- Be an active contributor within the Worley Assurance HSE team
- Champion continuous improvement and management of change processes
Other duties as required
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
Minimum of 5-8 years of HSE experience.
Previous HSE experience in engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and operations in the hydrocarbons sector.
Proven experience in investigation processes and root cause analysis facilitation.
Strong knowledge of HSE management systems and Provincial OHS Act, Code and Regulation.
Member of professional association (e.g. Canadian Society of Safety Engineers).
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills, including conflict resolution and leadership skills.
Proven experience in an advisory capacity.
May include some travel – valid driver’s license required.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Combined level of experience and training. OHS certificate or diploma
- HSE professional designation – CRSP or CHSC preferred.
Worley will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects on a global scale.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.