Project Engineer Mining Australia Worley Parsons
Job Ref.: PER011X
Company: Worley Parsons
Primary Location: AUS-WA-Perth
Employment Type: Contractor
Unposting Date: Jan 18, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client’s expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client’s approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support Worley Parsons One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley Parsons’ total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Contribute to supporting and complying with Worley Parsons policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- 4-10 years post graduate experience.
- Background & Experience in Mining is ESSENTIAL.
- Must be Perth Based & Available Immediately.