Production Unit Safety Specialist position in Canada
Job Ref: 119093BR
Primary Location: Alberta, Canada
This role reports to the Production /Maintenance Safety Supervisor and is accountable for providing support to the business in implementing operational safety standards. The position will support Production and Maintenance through an assigned business unit. Below are some of the highlights of the role requirements:
- Coach and mentor the frontline on owning/delivering HSE performance.
- Provide Safety training, auditing, and plant safety inspections.
- Provide Safety support to the Production and Maintenance organizations as key customers.
- Interpretation of Scotford Safe Work Practices and Alberta Workplace Health and Safety Act, Code and Regulations to employees and contractors.
- Assistance as a resource for safety-related issues and concerns when required.
- Familiarity with firefighting suppression systems, firewater systems, self-contained breathing apparatus and fire extinguishers.
- Development of procedures for the safety department, as well as review the safety portion of other department procedures.
- Participates/verifies initial confined space entries.
- Coordinate and Lead incident investigations.
- Interface/Assist the cross-business Safety Specialists, as requested.
- Participate in HSSE projects as assigned including championing programs and methods to improve site safety initiatives.
- Will play a key role in the development of critical task analysis and job safety analysis, involving contractor staff and Shell staff.
- Provide safety support to the Incident Command Team, as required during emergencies.
- May be required to do shift work during Turnarounds, Major Maintenance Outages or emergencies (potential for evenings and weekends as required).
- The position may require overtime including nightshift and weekends.
- Support the ICT and off hours safety through and on call schedule.
- This position has no budgetary accountability or direct reports.
- Will require field work including climbing ladders. You may be required to wear breathing air and work at heights with fall protection.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer both now and in the future.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) designations is considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HSSE and industrial setting
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Trade background is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of process operations is considered an asset.
- Auditing background is considered an asset.
- Experience in incident investigation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of computer systems and programs.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as alone.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.