Process safety specialist Chevron California
location: Richmond, CA California, US
Requisition ID: 297401
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting – Process Safety Specialist located in Richmond, CA California / United States through (insert posting close date) at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION-SCOPE:
Provide Process Safety (PS) SME support for Chevron Technology Center located in Richmond, CA. The Technology Center is Chevron’s primary lab research and development site. The primary job functions of this position are to provide PS support to operations, maintenance, technical groups, and line management. The position will work closely with the Risk Man (RM)/Management of Change (MOC) advisor for the Technology Center, and will be responsible for coaching and building PS organizational capability within the organization.
This is an HES position and will be part of the Tech Center HES Team.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and reviewing MOCs for the site as the HES or PS reviewer.
- Maintaining Safe Work Practices (SWPs) for Process Safety Information (PSI), Technical Codes & Standards (TC&S), Asset Integrity (AI), and Operating Procedures (OP).
- Providing technical support to implement process safety standards.
- Participating in lab and site inspections and assisting in the development of process tools and action plans to close Process Safety gaps identified.
- Monitoring and facilitating closure of all Process Safety related action items or recommendations resulting from audits, self-assessments, and MOCs
- Participating as a SME in MOC, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) teams and Pre-Startup Reviews (PSR)
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related hard science.
- 2 years of experience working in chemical processes.
- Strong operational background with experience in applying process safety and risk management practices and utilizing company-specific policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of pressure systems.
- Experience reviewing P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Designs), PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), equipment specifications and other process documentation.
- Knowledge in the practical application of technical engineering standards is desired.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability; Identifies root causes of problems and develops workable solutions.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration within work team, as well as with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate technical issues orally and in writing. Listens carefully and asks questions to understand concerns.
- Experience writing technical reports and the ability to articulate in a concise manner.
- Must have experience communicating with all levels in an organization, both orally and in writing.
- Able to compile and analyze data to develop conclusions and produce well-written reports.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and people concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence multiple stakeholders and generate buy-in and alignment.
- Ability to establish formal and informal relationships that enable business results. Recognized as a strong leader and technical contributor with regards to process safety. Expands sphere of influence through contributions in team environments and interpersonal interactions.
- Embraces a process safety culture and has experience with various process safety management processes (PHA, Incident Investigation, MOC, and PSR).
- 2 years of experience as an HES professional in an operations role, or in a research lab environment.
- Process safety and/or environmental compliance skills are a plus.
- Experience in Risk Man and MOCs will be helpful.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through the link below: