Process Safety Engineer Job in Canada
- Vacancy number: PUB225780
- Location: Calgary
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Monday, September 23, 2019
We’re hiring a Process Safety Engineer for a position with one our owner/operator clients – this position will support the Technical Services Operations Business Unit to facilitate process hazard analyses across all field operations. Travel up to 50% may be required.
- Facilitate Process Hazard & Layers of Protection Analysis (PHA’s & LOPA)
- Provide guidance/assist in development of Shutdown Philosophies & Shutdown Keys
- Provide input to P&ID reviews, Control Narratives and other Operations needs
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership on safety, environment and quality matters. Achieve established HS&E objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other Technical Services, EPPM and teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Promote EPPM Technical Services and the Operations Support Team.
- Ensure that there is a high level of customer satisfaction for services delivered.
- Support the development of and report on key performance indicators to aid communication of services delivered to the business.
- Develop relationships with technical and leadership teams in operations.
- Support the business unit operations to ensure proposed equipment changes, upgrades and additions are reviewed and are compliant with regulations and good engineering practices.
- Engineering degree or (three year) diploma (typically Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ PHA facilitation experience.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working with operating facilities.
- Broad experience (7 years) gained working with upstream oil and gas production facilities.
- Broad experience (3 years) gained working with downstream facilities including refining and pipeline operations.
- Trained and have experience in facilitation of PHA’s (HazOp/LOPA/What-if methodologies)
- Microsoft office
- Experience in the applying engineering specifications and best practices
- Effective interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Travel will be required for this position up to 50% may involve travel to USA
- Must be a certified professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta, or be eligible for certification.
- Must be a registered technologist in the province of Alberta.
- Broad experience (10 years) gained following Western Canada oil and gas regulations as well as applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO etc)
- Understanding oil and gas economics and basic project management skills
- PHA Pro8 (Process Hazards Analyses software)