Process Safety Engineer 4 Resourcing Ltd, UK
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Agency: 4 Resourcing Ltd
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 207013316
Job Ref.: 4RPSE
Our client is looking for an experienced Process Safety Engineer to work for them in a permanent staff role at one of their sites, with the ideal candidate being TUV Functional safety capable.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- To help with the development and coordination of in-house HSE expertise.
- To provide internal HSE services to projects
- To present HSE expertise to clients as a stand-alone service.
- To lead projects for the company
Key Skills & Qualification Requirements
- Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Site/Process Safety
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication and time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to prepare and manage project costs
- Negotiating skills
- Application of knowledge to ensure that internal projects meet current HSE legislative requirements and are subjected to appropriate level of scrutiny at the relevant stage of development.
- To assist the Process Safety Manager and Business Development Manager to develop and implement a strategy to sell the company’s HSE skills as an area of expertise.
- Implementation of HSE related projects.
- Maintaining up-to-date HSE information and standards.
- Carrying out the duties of a Senior Safety Engineer on projects.
- Preparation of bid estimates and proposals for new jobs.
- Assisting with the development of new HSE sector clients.
- Enhancing relationships with existing clients.
- Financial responsibility for managing projects to a value of £50K.
- Direct decision making autonomy relating to process safety work and own day-to-day activities.