Process Safety China V&V Specialist
Vacancy ID: BBBH1063761
Location: Sichuan, Sichuan, China
Job Type: Contract
Airswift is recruiting on behalf of an oil and gas operating company for a contract scope to support their Sour Gas Plant operations. The position is 28/28 with no paid travel days. The role will be a 12-month rolling contract based in Sichuan Province, China. This position is only open for Chinese Nationals ONLY.
PSM (Process Safety Management) Competency
Understand PSM processes such as Management of Change (MOC), Bypass Critical Systems (BCP), Pre-startup Safety Reviews (PSSR), Operator Routine Duties (ORD), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Asset Integrity (AI) and Risk Management (RM) – this is not an exclusive list. Recognize what good execution looks like for these and other PSM processes. Develop V&V (Verification and Validation) protocols in these and other PSM processes. The V&V is intended to evaluate practices relative to the standard, with the focus on whether necessary safeguards are in place.
- Record and track performance data using protocols and make conclusions on where additional focus is required. Recognize gaps or opportunities. Articulate opportunities into recommendations or actions. Take ownership of actions.
- Help the organization move from thinking safeguards are in place to knowing safeguards are in place as they relate to PSM processes.
- Use the position to help the organization along its PSM journey, and to grow individually as a PSM professional.
- Leverage technical experience in the Oil and Gas or related safety sensitive industry to help shape performance.
Leadership, Teamwork and Communication skills
- Apply Leadership, Teamwork and Communication skills to effectively engage various disciplines, including Operations, Maintenance, FE, HES, including company and contractor personnel.
- Coach personnel where gaps are identified, and provide positive reinforcement as appropriate.
- Use the influence model to win support. Work to win the respect of peers and others.
- Help the organization implement improvements to PSM processes. Demonstrate a work ethic of getting involved; minimize creating work for others.
- Maintain current knowledge of local regulations as well as Company and industry best practices related to the technical aspects of PSM described above.
- Perform various assignments as designated by the Advisor for the dual purpose of meeting business needs and individual competency development.
- Obtain and maintain any government and/or industry certifications as appropriate to the job described here on the advice of HES Superintendent or project regulatory subject matter experts.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaches less experienced PSM practitioners on technical issues related to the OE processes and activities described above.
- Is considered the local expert on technical PSM related issues. Is regularly consulted by both department specialists and project staff in other departments on technical PSM issues.
- Prepares materials and conducts training on specific technical PSM issues as needed.
- Supports the recruiting and selection process for PSM specialists led by HR as needed. May be asked to participate in interviews and provide input for selection decisions.
- Proactively engages with technical PSM personnel to increase their OE fluency and provide coaching and support.
- Fundamentals of chemistry, mathematics, physics, and engineering.
- Industrial processes, equipment, and materials used in the work place.
- Principles and techniques used in risk assessment and mitigation of work place hazards.
- Best practices in managing PSM risks.
- Specific knowledge and experience in applying the concepts of Management of Change (MOC), Bypass Critical Systems (BCP), Pre-startup Safety Reviews (PSSR), Operator Routine Duties (ORD), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Asset Integrity (AI) and Risk Management (RM) and other PSM processes.
- Knowledge of Chinese technical HES regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Ability to acquire certifications as required under Chinese law to fulfill regulatory requirements associated with this position is required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY