Process Control & Optimization Engineer Exxon Mobil Rotterdam
Location: Rotterdam, NB, NL
ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. Active in almost 200 countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with a talented workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Applications Engineer to join our team at our Rotterdam Chemicals Site.
Applications Engineers are responsible for providing technical support on process optimisation issues, including the development of on-line control applications to control unit operation to maintain product quality control and maximise unit profitability. The key responsibilities are to:
- Work with a range of process control technologies to deliver high quality base level control, multi-variable constraint control, and enhanced operating tools.
- Work closely with Process Technical teams to provide on-line control and optimisation applications consistent with unit economics, production targets and operating limits. This will include development of new applications and modification of existing applications to meet the changing economic drives and equipment capabilities.
- Work closely with Process Technical teams and Operations teams to steward and drive alarm management improvements.
- Provide support and training to the Operations Teams to ensure good understanding of the control objectives and online control schemes
- Support for existing online applications to ensure ongoing good performance
- Development of improved operator tools to aid safe and effective operation of the process units
- Interface with Business Analysts on process economics and identification/development of new optimisation opportunities
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- hold an engineering degree in chemical engineering, or an equivalent subject.
- have relevant process engineering and process control applications support experience in the refining or petrochemical industries (3 years+ as a guide).
- have strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office – including Excel and Word.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- working with Honeywell Process Control Systems, which would preferably include Honeywell Experion.
- process engineering in an operational environment, demonstrating an understanding of plant equipment and instrumentation and the ability to apply chemical engineering knowledge to problem solving and troubleshooting in an operational environment.
- process plant measurement and control techniques
- multi-variable control techniques
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.