As an Oxygen Hazards & Testing Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the analysis of oxygen system component and system design, development and conduct of testing, & evaluation of oxygen systems for the Oxygen Hazards & Testing Group at NASA – White Sands Test Facility in Las Cruces, NM. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform pressure system design & buildup tests. During your time with us, you will perform testing & analysis of components used in high speed, high pressure combustion research using liquid and gaseous oxygen, as well as with high pressure and/or high flow oxygen systems. You will also update and deliver training courses in the design of oxygen systems and in the safe use of both liquid and gaseous oxygen. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- Experience in the testing & analysis of components or test articles in liquid and gaseous oxygen
- Experience with oxygen system testing and hazards evaluation.
- BS degree in Engineering or other closely related technical degree and 6 or more years of related engineering experience, or MS degree and 4 or more years of experience or Ph.D. and 1 or more years of related oxygen hazards experience
- Experience in design, development, test, & evaluation of oxygen facility systems in high pressure and/or high flow applications
- Knowledge of oxygen hazards and use in aerospace applications.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Valid driver s license
- Must be a U. S Citizen
- Must pass a Federal background investigation
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 10 or more years of experience
- Experience with high speed turbo compressors
- Experience in project planning, estimating, requirements development, and design verification/validation is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, customer & safety focus
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Experience developing Project Plans,
- Experience with OCA (Oxygen Compatibility Assessment) Pressure system design & buildup experience per ASME B31.3
- Experience with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel