O&M SHEQ Manager EDF Energy Edinburgh
EDF EN Services UK (“EENS UK”) is a fast growing business in the renewables O&M industry. EENS UK has the task of delivering renewable operations and maintenance (O&M) services in the UK.
In the last 5 years we have more than doubled in size and grown to be responsible for the operation and maintenance of circa 480MW in 27 wind farms.
Nature and Scope
- Contributing to the strategic leadership in the planning and delivery of safety, health, environment and quality management across EENS UK teams.
- Providing pragmatic SHEQ support and advice across the EENS UK teams.
- Ensuring that operations are a compliant with UK Legislative and wider EDF policy requirements.
- Ensuring that EENS UK has a robust SHEQ Management system aligned to business need that maintains ISO & OHSAS accreditations in accordance with Corporate requirements.
- Reporting to Senior leadership teams within EENS UK on SHEQ topics, performance and trending and Immediate and root cause’s.
- Managing and developing SHEQ resources across the business.
- Create a learning HSE culture across through the sharing of incidents and lessons learnt.
The post holder’s responsibilities include:
- Leading by example to achieve Zero Harm;
- Encouraging and driving forward safe working practices at all times;
- Acting as a role model for SHEQ, setting the highest standards at all times and providing visible safety leadership;
- Providing assistance in creating an environment where safety is seen as a fundamental priority and individuals take responsibility for their own actions;
- Training site staff at all levels in SHEQ related topics;
- Provide cover for other team members as and when required;
- Supporting the wider EDF SHEQ functions as appropriate;
- Link with Corporate SHEQ function in EENS.
- Providing SHEQ advice and support across EENS UK.
- Carry out Contractor assessment and evaluation in support of all EENS UK activities.
- Deploying the SHEQ policy commitments.
- Support the development of robust and accredited SHEQ Management Systems and procedures.
- Providing Audits and inspections for requirements ensuring compliance with applicable UK legislation and EDF standards.
- Assisting Operational managers in; Investigation of incidents and injuries, Carrying out risk assessments and safety reviews, Carrying out environmental assessments.
- Providing professional HSE support to the management team and area managers.
- Carrying out Contract pre-qualification reviews and contract performance reviews.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of the HSE plans during large component changes.
- Implementing waste sorting and treatment.
- Supporting the completion SHEQ audit actions to agreed timescales in the UK and with some foreign travel.
- Implementing a regulatory watch and assessing regulatory compliance.
- Representing EDF Renewables at internal and external HSE forums and events.
- Lead the development of health and safety initiatives to improve future performance, particularly focussed on behavioural and cultural change.
- Assist projects/sites with review, development and update of local procedures.
- Advise on appropriate and functional training requirements and provide internal training courses as appropriate.
- Working closely with other EDF Renewables business units to ensure alignment of SHEQ system, culture and direction.
- Ensuring that Emergency plans and management are in place across all EENS UK operations and Maintenance activities and locations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar positions.
- Be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent and have appropriate Engineering, Construction or Renewables experience.
- Be able to provide practical SHEQ advice and support.
- Effective communication skills, including written, on a one-to-one basis as trainer or coach, and with groups of people.
- The ability to influence behavioural change with emphasis on Operational activity.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with site staff at all levels, including the ability to influence behaviour by reasoned argument.
- Have competence as a trained risk assessor across the full range of qualitative risk assessment areas.
- The ability to carry out detailed incident investigations to establish root causes and provide robust recommendations to prevent future reoccurrence.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and consistently deliver against tight time constraints while working flexibly as part of a team.
- The ability to work at height in enclosed areas using ladders and fall arrest equipment to access wind turbines.
- Ability to undertake offshore survival training and work on offshore assets.
- Experience in High Voltage equipment, switching and some offshore experience would be an advantage.
- Based at an appropriate location or home based with a view to flexibility across the UK
- Work flexibly; making site visits as required, to provide required services and support.
- Be prepared and willing to respond to business needs in an emergency
- Work closely with other members of the EDF SHEQ function
- Work at all times within the EDFE, EDF EN Services and EDF Renewables Business’s strategic, financial and policy guidelines
- Work closely with other members of the Operational and Construction teams.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adapt to different situations and work under pressure.
- Perfect command of the English language.
- French language an advantage.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office package (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Outlook, etc.)