Occupational Therapist Terra Energy Services Nig. Ltd. Lagos
The candidate will be expected to facilitate development and rehabilitation of patients with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patients then develop and initiate treatment plan based on the results of the evaluation.
- The evaluation may include measurement of physical, cognitive, perceptual and/or developmental skill as they relate to maximizing level of independence in the occupational performance areas along the continuum of life.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers.
- Supervises assistants and rehabilitation technicians with regards to individual patient care.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. He/she must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in occupational therapy from an accredited university-based occupational therapy program.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience required.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns.
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrates expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group.
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group.
Expected Working Conditions
Candidates may be assigned to any of the following locations and working conditions for CNL:
A) An Office based schedule of 5 working days from Monday through Friday with off
duty on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
(B) A field location on a Rotational Schedule of 14 days on duty/14 days off duty
(average of 15.2 days/month)
(C) Agbami FPSO or other critical location or job function on a 28/28 day Rotational
Schedule with 28 days (‘On-Duty’) followed by 28 days’ time-off (‘Off-Duty’)
Hours of duty shall be in compliance with medical operations within the company. This will include
shift duties, call-duties, weekend coverage and public holidays.
Workdays are defined as follows:
Every day of the week (Monday through Sunday including Public Holidays) for medical personnel.