Occupational hygiene and workforce safety technical team leader US
Location: Houston, TX Texas, US
Requisition ID: 326609
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting – Occupational Hygiene and Workforce Safety Technical Team Leader located in Houston, TX Texas / United States .
The Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) HES Occupational Hygiene and Workforce Safety Technical Team Leader provides enterprise-wide technical leadership in the fields of occupational hygiene and workforce safety. This role oversees a team of professionals that provides occupational hygiene and workforce safety and human factors engineering technical expertise to Chevron’s international and domestic operations and corporate organizations; collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to support health risk assessments, facility design, and strategic research and technology development initiatives to integrate health and workforce safety aspects into existing and future operations; provides support for Chevron’s Emergency Preparedness and Response organization and efforts; engages and influences in relevant legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts; utilizes data analysis tools to support continual improvement in health and safety risk management.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Sets direction for and drives execution of strategies and research and development programs in the areas of occupational hygiene and workforce safety.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders to understand trends, business priorities and strategies to assist in setting direction for team’s work
- Evaluates emerging occupational hygiene related technologies and regulatory developments
- Provides technical expertise in the following areas: develop and maintain relevant technical and competency improvement tools in alignment with the HES organizational capability strategies; exposure assessment; development and application of occupational exposure limits; assessing and managing occupational hygiene hazards, including noise, hydrogen sulfide, benzene, mercury, asbestos, MMMF, lead, welding, heavy metals, PAHs, radiation.
- Master of Science degree with Industrial Hygiene specialty plus 8 years of experience in an occupational hygiene technical function
- OR a BS or MS in Science or Engineering plus ten years of experience in an occupational hygiene technical function.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, including integrating across a variety of health and HES disciplines. Experience leading a team, including mentoring and coaching staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying occupational hygiene approaches to petroleum industry health issues. Technical expert across the full range of occupational hygiene professional rubrics; broad understanding of occupational hygiene interface with other health functions (e.g. toxicology, epidemiology, risk assessment, medical).
- Ability to understand business drivers and to develop work and execution plans to meet business needs, while building and maintaining constructive relationships with business partners.
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate and engage with wide range of stakeholders, including practitioners, senior management, business partners and external entities.
- CIH and CSP preferred.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below: