Primary Location: CAN-MB-Lac du Bonnet
Unposting Date: Dec 20, 2017
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley Parsons providing solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of Worley Parsons Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley Parsons is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world’s leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
This role reports to the Director of Advisian’s Minerals & Metals practice, which forms part of the Project Development & Technology Service line. Our growing Minerals & Metals practice is seeking ambitious, self-starting individuals to join our team. Our business is focused around assisting our clients define and execute their development objectives.
As a Mine Construction & Engineering Consultant the successful candidate will use their technical and project delivery skill sets to address the needs our clients. Project assignments will be wide ranging and may include supporting mine concept/feasibility engineering, technical studies, project delivery support, and construction management.
The initial assignment will involve acting in a Construction Management support capacity on a five (5) day per week site based schedule incorporating the accountabilities described below.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
The Mine Construction and Engineering Consultant will support the Construction Manager with the following:
- Ensure safe execution of the scope and compliance of all workers on the project to all aspect of the Project HSE plan;
- Overall planning, direction and coordination of the construction work with the objective of completing the project within budget and on schedule;
- Coordinate, direct, motivate and monitor the Construction Management team to achieve project objectives and requirements;
- Coordinate with both surface and underground contractors’ activities that contribute to successful completion of the scope;
- Liaise with client representatives as required to facilitate shutdowns, relocations, tie-ins, to ensure mining activities are planned safely and completed in a timely manner with minimum disruption;
- Resolve field problems in conjunction with the Construction Management team, and communicate with contractor representatives;
- Support and maintain the safety monitoring and recognition program in conjunction with the Safety Coordinator and Owner’s HSE Manager;
- Encourage safe behaviour and promote a safety culture through frequent contact with all project workers;
- Safety inspections and audits;
- Incident and accident investigations;
- Contract Administration:
- – Assist with the applications for payment and claims submitted from contractors, service providers and suppliers and confirm accuracy in accordance with the terms of the contract;
- – Assist Owner’s Procurement Manager in negotiating claims made by contractors;
- Communications and Reporting:
- – Inform the Owner of any issues relating to safety, environmental compliance, cost, schedule and quality in a timely manner;
- – Present the construction activities planned for the day and for the following week at the daily coordination meeting with Owner;
- Cost and Schedule Control:
- – Liaise with procurement and project controls personnel to establish priorities to keep the project on schedule and within the budget;
- – Provide oversight of the construction management plan and that progress is being accurately measured and the project schedule is being maintained.
- – Approve monthly cost and earned value reports and forecasts to completion;
- Quality Assurance:
- – Ensure resources and schedule allowances are in place to support quality assurance functions to achieve the desired quality of the work;
- – Provide oversight that contractors and personnel are perform adequate QA/QC monitoring and inspections and report the results in a timely manner;
- – Ensure work is being conducted according to the design specification and at an acceptable standard.
- A degree qualified Mining Engineer is preferred
- 10+ years field based mining and construction supervision
- Willing to work underground and underground mining experience is an asset
- A strong willingness to learn and take on new opportunities
- Willingness to take on immediate remote work relocations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mine design planning and scheduling skills
- Work autonomously and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s licence
Suitable and qualified candidates should follow the link below to apply online through the recruiters website.