Mechanical Engineer BW Offshore Mexico
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Day
Application deadline: 15/01/2018
Expected Start Date: Q1 2018
About BW Offshore
BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry, with a fleet of 15 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has an excellent track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience. The company is represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe and West Africa. BW Offshore is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the BW Group, one of the world’s largest maritime groups.
BW OFfshore is hiring a Mechanical Engineer to support our operations in Mexico.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To provide Technical and Maintenance support to the operating Facilities including rotating and reciprocating equipment’s.
- To ensure the installations are maintained with respect to regulatory requirements.
- Technical and advisory support to Operations Managers / Maintenance Managers (In Country) and offshore Facilities in terms of rotating and reciprocating equipment’s.
- Provide technical support to Emergency Response Team as and when required.
- Visit the installations as and when required.
- Review and provide the engineering solutions for Management of Change Request from Facilities as per procedure.
- Review the Shutdown / Breakdown Reports and verify / carry out Root Cause Analysis.
- Update Lesson Learned Register based on Management of Change Request, Shutdown / Breakdown Reports review, Survey / Audit Reports etc.
- Participate in Incident Investigation.
- Provide input for new project bids and variation orders, based on Lesson Learned from operating Facilities.
Qualification requirements / Education
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 2 years of Operational experience (hands on) of rotating and reciprocating equipment’s such as gas compressors, Gas engines, pump, turbine etc.
- Offshore / FPSO experience and management is desirable.
- Knowledge in Auto cad and drafting is desirable.
- Excellent team spirit and proactive attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with multi-cultural workforce.
- Good analytical capabilities.
- Good level of English, written and spoken.
- Needs to travel to any BW Facilities.
- Needs to support the Facilities during or outside normal working hours.
- Continual improvement in all spheres of influence.
- Location Mexico – Cd del Carmen, Campeche.
- Mexican resident.