BW OFfshore is hiring a Mechanical Engineer to support our operations in Mexico.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To provide Technical and Maintenance support to the operating Facilities including rotating and reciprocating equipment’s.
- To ensure the installations are maintained with respect to regulatory requirements.
- Technical and advisory support to Operations Managers / Maintenance Managers (In Country) and offshore Facilities in terms of rotating and reciprocating equipment’s.
- Provide technical support to Emergency Response Team as and when required.
- Visit the installations as and when required.
- Review and provide the engineering solutions for Management of Change Request from Facilities as per procedure.
- Review the Shutdown / Breakdown Reports and verify / carry out Root Cause Analysis.
- Update Lesson Learned Register based on Management of Change Request, Shutdown / Breakdown Reports review, Survey / Audit Reports etc.
- Participate in Incident Investigation.
- Provide input for new project bids and variation orders, based on Lesson Learned from operating Facilities.
Qualification requirements / Education
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 2 years of Operational experience (hands on) of rotating and reciprocating equipment’s such as gas compressors, Gas engines, pump, turbine etc.
- Offshore / FPSO experience and management is desirable.
- Knowledge in Auto cad and drafting is desirable.
- Excellent team spirit and proactive attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with multi-cultural workforce.
- Good analytical capabilities.
- Good level of English, written and spoken.
- Needs to travel to any BW Facilities.
- Needs to support the Facilities during or outside normal working hours.
- Continual improvement in all spheres of influence.
- Location Mexico – Cd del Carmen, Campeche.
- Mexican resident.