MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETYAT ARCONIC JOB IN CARSON
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 900 East Watson Center Road, Carson, CA
Responsible for managing programs, policies and practices related to environmental and safety compliance, emergency & evacuation, loss prevention, and workers’ compensation. Acts as the facility coordinator and primary contact for internal customers and external agencies for all matters pertaining to environmental, health & safety.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provides technical support and direction for environmental compliance programs and practices. Oversees the management of wastewater treatment practices and environmental laboratory operation.
- Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development. Coordinates and manages all on-site hazardous materials.
- Oversees all aspects of safety and health administration. Influences positive and proactive safety programs and practices. Leads and facilitates the plant safety committee.
- Manages and supports corporate, local, state and federal health and safety regulatory compliance. Develops, implements, and communicates safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with Human Resources in the management of all loss prevention and workers’ compensation programs. Acts as the primary contact for all employees on accident reporting, investigation and hazard elimination. Tracks all activity for the facility related to lost work time, return to work initiatives, and restricted duty provisions. Coordinates disability related absences with Human Resources.
- Develops and administers EH&S training and communication programs (HAZCOM, HAZMAT, confined space, personal protective equipment, MSDS, Job Safety Analysis, etc.). Facilitates new hire orientation and contractor safety orientation programs. Tracks all training programs and prepares annual training plans.
- Acts as the emergency evacuation coordinator for the facility.
- Interfaces with external agencies, plant, division and corporate contacts regarding various EH&S initiatives, programs and practices.
- Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Environmental, Health & Safety;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety;
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
To apply, click on the link below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you