Logistics Safety Assurance Advisor Job in Oman
Requisition ID: 2019-64716
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Logistics Safety Assurance Advisor to join our Duqm Refinery Project
Reporting to the HSSE Manager, The Logistics Safety Assurance Advisor is responsible for the day to day management of the logistics of DUQM Refinery Project under delegated authority of HSSE&S: Ensure the implementation of processes and procedures for managing project logistics requirements, and internal operating procedures in liaison with different stakeholders, and Coordinate the material stock control process & warehousing logistics, order to ensure cost effectiveness and timely management of carriage.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of processes and procedures for managing project logistics requirements, customer service levels, and internal operating procedures.
- Liaison with customs department and other local government agencies to ensure timely availability of required permits.
- Review and approve procurement / logistic plan of EPC Contractors and assist in expediting the delivery of the major equipment.
- Implement material stock control (batch recognition / label, stocking) and integrating with the existing refinery products.
- Review orders regarding mode of shipment, insurance, chemical permit requirement and control.
- Ensure delivery on-time.
- Timely follow-ups and implementation of course corrective measures.
- Develop and train Omani nationals assigned to the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree / diploma or extensive experience in refinery / petrochemical construction and operations.
- Professional qualification in Logistics and Supply chain Management is advantageous.
- 10 years relevant experience on a Mega Projects within Oil & Gas and Petrochemical / Refinery
- Well versed in local customs regulations, import / export documentation
- Functional knowledge of System Application Program ERP / SAP
- Experience with EPC phases of the project timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of logistics and administration activities
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and manage complex stakeholder input
- Effective execution of company policies and procedures relating logistics management
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at all organizational levels (internal and external to the project team)
- Proven ability to meet highest HSE standards Leadership and Interpersonal
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their updated CV via the link below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you