Lead HSE Engineer Job in Kuwait
Job Ref: AHM000V
Primary Location: KWT-AMD-Ahmadi
Job: Safety and Risk
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Unposting Date: May 8, 2019
Reporting Manager Title: PD
– To coordinate implementation of the KOC PMC Safety policies, HSE Management System and Project specific HSE Management Plans as they apply to the project. Ensure that the site complies with the relevant HSE Legislation and KOC HSE requirements.
– Develop and implement the project HSE MS.
– Develop and maintain Statistical data for the Project.
– Prepare reports as required for the WorleyParsons KOC PMC HSEQ Manager..
– Monitor the EPC contractor HSE Management System and provide advice and assistance to EPC HSE managers so they comply in a consistent way to reduce the risk to the project employees and the environment.
– Ensure the EPC contractors develop implement and maintain a specific project Risk Management Plan
– Ensure EPC contractor subcontractor selection (ITB) processes are developed and implemented on a timely basis in accordance with KOC expectations.
– Provide advice and guidance to the EPC contractor management team on HSE issues through the interpretation of KOC policies and statutory requirements.
– Ensure EPC contractors establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for development of further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future action.
– Monitor compliance with all Kuwait legislative requirements including the dissemination of information to PMC and EPC managers and employees regarding amendments/ additions to requirements as they come into effect.
– Review EPC contractor Safety Management System and advise of required changes.
Develop and maintain professional relationships with KOC, regulatory bodies and EPC contractor to foster the professional image of WorleyParsons.
Visit the project site on a regular basis to ensure interest and awareness of HSE is maintained, conduct regular safety talks and safety training sessions relative to the nature of activities being undertaken
Other key activities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Pro-actively visit site and with the EPC contractor implement safety measures-promote/ensure safe work practices
- Ensure quality safety observation program is implemented and maintained on each site/project and ensure follow up on findings
- Assist EPC contractor construction management personnel in identifying hazards and in planning and organising the work such that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Assist EPC sub contractor Safety advisors and site management in the development and revision of specific site safety programmes.
- Maintain a HS&E audit and assessment program for the location.
- Carry out regular inspections of the work areas with the respective EPC contractor line manager and or HSE representative and prepare reports.
- Disseminate safety information throughout the workplace via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters etc.
- Assist EPC contractor line management and or construction supervisors in accident investigation process and report accordingly.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
- Ensure HSE safety inductions are undertaken in accordance with the EPC contractor SMS requirements for all new employees of the company and its subcontractors
- Monitor the availability and use of safety apparel and equipment.
- Provide advice to the EPC subcontractor supervision on the development of project specific procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) training,
- Advise subcontractor supervisory staff and employees in the implementation of strategies to identify and control potential hazards and in the use of the hierarchy of controls
- Ensure all lines of communication on HSE-matters remain open and effective between all parties particularly KOC, WorleyParsons, EPC contractors and their sub contractors.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years total post graduation experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Lead HSE & QA QC Engineer role.
- Shall have practical experience in managing HSE and QA/QC in projects.
- Must be conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations and norms.
- Must be experienced in Inspections of all Stages of projects in Oil & Gas installations and construction QA/QC works.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proven track record of successful project management.
- Must be experienced in managing HSE and QA/QC discipline engineers.
- Experienced with implementing ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to Oil & Gas Industry.