Lead Environmental Health Officer Job in Shell
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Reference ID: R130278
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Health Safety Environment and Security
As the Lead Environmental Health Officer, your main accountabilities are:
• Supervise Environmental Health Officers in the delivery of Environmental Health services in Shell Nigeria
• Drive Food & Drinking Water Safety- ensure HACCP training of health focals, facility representatives and food handlers; implement appropriate controls for prevention of food poisoning
• Maintain drinking water quality in all company owned premises through periodic testing to conform with World Health Organization’s specifications
• Deliver Integrated Pest Management in the Shell industrial and residential areas as well as field locations
• Support Public Health, accommodation, and vessel inspections
• Provide health support to projects via the Health Project Owner scheme
• Interface with Government/regulatory agencies- stakeholder engagement
• Provide inputs for Standard setting; ensure business compliance with environmental health standards/regulation according to best practice
• Manage environmental health related contracts (Pest Control), procedures and audits
• Actively balance the regional delivery role with the horizontal input as required to the Central teams
• When faced with business issues and requests, first leverage existing expertise from the asset class specialists
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in the practice of Environmental Health
- Possess relevant professional license (EHORECON)
- Skilled in the Health Risk Management and HSE Management Systems
- Good understanding of Shell Nigeria’s business and Good business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Data analytical skills and above average information and telecommunication skills
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with good written and verbal communication
- Leadership skills:
Able to prioritize and show courage to identify improvement opportunities and challenge lower-value work.
Continuously looks for opportunities to learn from and leverage best practices.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the link below to submit their CV’s.