IMS Environmental, Health, and Safety Compliance Quality Specialist Job in USA
Job Code: 2019-OPSVC-001
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Type: Regular Full Time
This position supports, executes and contributes to corporate and regional strategies as it relates to the both the short term and long term improvement objectives. In addition, guidance and direction is provided to the Phoenix team as it relates to the established strategies with an emphasis on continues improvement towards excellence in every aspect of the documented responsibilities listed below.
Product Compliance Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and communicate customer requirements pertaining to the end article and substances (banned and restricted) that may be integrated or come in contact with the end article.
• Coordinate and lead applicable environmental requirements for all local, state, national and global environmental laws and directives that are applicable to our products / industry (USA, European Union, Japan, China, etc.)
• Assist strategic purchasing in communicating product compliance requirements to supplier base as needed.
• Responsible for data integrity in appropriate software system ERP, One Space Manager or other systems with product compliance information.
• Lead, coordinate and execute ISO-14001 environmental, health and safety activities for the Integrated Management System.
• To support all quality procedures and optimization of the continuous improvement process with a special focus on ISO-14001.
• Conduct training and presentations on Environmental related subjects.
• Generate and update various Phoenix Contact product and North American facility environmental compliance reports as needed.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Manage the Phoenix Contact’s Employees Right to Know Awareness/ Hazard Communication Program (Safety Data Sheets/ Chemical Inventory/PPE/JHA’s)
• Introduce, lead and administer safety and ergonomic programs in coordination with the HR staff for all local, state and federal laws that are applicable to Phoenix Contact (OSHA, etc.)
• Participate in Safety Committee meetings
• Lead, coordinate and execute OHSAS-18001 health and safety activities for the Integrated Management System.
• To support all quality procedures and optimization of the continuous improvement process with a special focus on OHSAS 18001.
• Conduct training and presentations on Safety related subjects.
• Perform the functions of a Laser Safety Officer.
• Minimum of Four years of college with a Bachelors of Science degree in an Environmental Science, Quality, or Engineering related field.
• ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and OSHA 180001 auditing certification a plus.
• Experience with interpretation and compliance of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations
• Participation in external training measures to refresh and acquire process, quality and manufacturing know-how
• Proficient with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Team Player with strong communication skills
• Sensitive to other culture work techniques
• Assertive and self-motivated individual
• Commitment to confidentiality concerning company’s sensitive data
• High willingness to learn and perform.
• Ability to lead diverse technical teams.
• Comprehension and observance of the “Corporate Principles”
• Adherence to all process instructions as well as normative and legal regulations
• Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
o Initiative – the understanding of what action needs to be taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of others.
o Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) – taking personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is honest and forthright.
o Collaboration – works as a team player to make a difference within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided information, assistance and support
o Willingness to Learn – handles change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious to face new challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Able to lift at least 35 pounds
•Able to work a 6 day week, if required
•Able to stand or sit continually for two hours without break
•Able to use computer for two hours at a time without break
•Able to drive to local supplier, in own vehicle (with reimbursement), at short notice.
•Able to drive or fly to distant supplier, customer or mandatory training session and stay overnight for periods of up to a week
•Able to accommodate occasional travel overseas
•Must be able to speak and understand English to communicate verbally and in writing
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)