HSSE Specialist Shell Petroleum China
Job Id: 68176BR
Location: Tianjin, China
Shell’s story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. Upstream (oil and gas exploration and liquefied natural gas), Downstream (Oil Products and Chemicals) and our Projects and Technology organisation (Shell Global Solutions and Coal Gasification).
- Accountable to coordinate, implement and deliver all HSSE programs and initiatives at the site as documented in the LSC CNHK HSSE Priorities, Plan and strategy.
- Provide advice and support in all HSSE matters, including HSSE policy, processes, standards and technical advice and support in line with lubricants business requirements.
- Provide assurance that an appropriate but effective HSSE Management System is in place meeting all of the Group requirements for all lubricant activities in LSC.
- To assist the line to develop, track, and implement HSSE action plans.
- Recommending to line and HSSE Manager appropriate corrective actions for non-conformity
- To support the line in HSSE reporting, investigation, classification, follow-up (Remedial Action Plan) and close out including data integrity in the HSSE systems required.
- To facilitate incident investigations, including TRIPOD where appropriate
- To support HSSE communication, sharing and learning and regular HSSE meetings within the site organisation, including contractors
- To track, analyze and report systematic back to the line HSSE performance with Key performance indicators (leading/proactive as well as lagging/reactive indicators), Highlights, Lowlights, Areas of Improvement
- To maintain, develop, and assess HSSE aspects of contractor pre-qualification and tender specifications.
- To support contract holders to review and manage HSSE performance of contractors under operational control as well as influence those who are not under operational control.
- To act as custodian of the local appendices to the Global HSSE Management System.
- To lead and support the line in Hazard Effect Management Process HEMP, Health Risk Assessments HRA, HSE case documentation and other relevant HSSE topics.
- To provide Emergency Response Support. Plan and Coordinate drill for emergencies including medical emergencies.
- To facilitate both directly and indirectly HSSE self-assurance, auditing of business activities including follow-up and close out of remedial action plan in line with regional and global requirements.
- To assist the line in preparing the annual HSSE letter as part of the overall Business Assurance Process.
- Act as the security focal point and liaise with the Group Security managers as required for security related incidents and audits.
- To advise and ensure the site is in compliance with local regulatory requirements
- To lead or to coordinate (as nominated) the implementation at local level of the global/regional HSSE project/initiatives.
- To participate in Global Best Practice network in nominated areas
- To assist OU implementing Maritime Process Model (MPM) standards and guidelines, working in assistance from MTA.
- Support the HSSE vision to bring the business to a Pro-active culture, everyone, everywhere and promote Golden Rules.
- Support HSSE Culture improvement activities with Line leaders
- Exhibit One Team behaviours
- Strong track record in HSSE management with sound understanding of HSSE policies, standards and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Control Framework Manual requirements
- Hands-on experience in the preparation of key HSSE management documentation (including HSE-MS) and use of the appropriate HSSE tools and techniques, such as HEMP, Tripod/5 Why incident Investigation technique, Assurance and Auditing, Emergency Response, Safe Systems of Work/Personal Safety, Road Transport and Warehouse Safety, Business travel, HSSE Performance and Information Management, Incident Classification, Investigation and Reporting etc.
- Track record of Lube Oil Blending Plant design / engineering / operation and experience in HSSE technical standards for Safety on road and plant operations is highly desirable.
- Sound interpersonal & influencing skills, and good stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to coach and influence without formal authority or accountability.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally & externally is essential
- Brings innovative thinking to the challenges actual practices and standards.