JOB TITLE: HSSE Manager
LOCATION: Kuwait / kuwait city / Middle East
JOB TYPE: Permanent
JOB REF: BBBH28044
* Reviewing the contract requirements and HSSE Management System of the clients and managing/assisting the gap analysis process.
* Developing required project HSSE Plans and operational control procedures as required to implement robust HSSE Management system on a project.
* Providing a day-to-day HSSE management service that is effective and suitable to support HSSE policy objectives and Project HSSE requirements.
* Implementing HSSE initiatives on the project.
* Coordinating with Construction/Commissioning teams and ensuring Project HSSE Plans and Procedures are implemented effectively.
* Overseeing implementation, review and monitoring of Project HSSE Management System.
* Managing the HSSE resources and providing direction to the HSSE personnel on the project.
* Development and application of hazard identification and risk assessment strategies to reduce the risks to ALARP. Leading/participating in Hazard and Risk Management workshops and ensuring implementation of control measures.
* Implementing Sub-contractor Management Standards effectively.
* Ensuring that HSSE training program for the project is effectively developed and implemented.
* Maintaining a daily working relationship with Project HSSE team, Line Management and Subcontractors in relation of their respective compliance with the provisions of the HSSE policies, HSSE Plan and legal requirements.
* Coordinating with Clients for HSSE matters to ensure project/contract requirements are met and feedback is provided on time.
* Contributing to the HSSE lessons learned forum and communicating more widely where appropriate.
* Ensuring HSSE requirements are communicated to all projects and relevant personnel and verifying compliance by all appropriate means (meetings, inspections, monitoring, and audits).
* Leading/participating in Incident Investigations and ensuring corrective actions are closed with the time frame. Ensuring incidents are reported on time and dissemination of lessons learned and safety alerts across the project.
* Ensuring Project Compliance Assurance program is implemented and audits/inspections are conducted.
* Maintaining project Action Tracking System and ensuring actions are closed within agreed time frame.
* Ensuring all Emergency Response planning is in accordance with project requirements and preparedness is tested periodically.
* Leadership and responsibility, and approval authority for all aspects of HSSE including objectives, schedules/programmes, plans, resources, documentation, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 compliance, HSSE legal compliance, incident response/investigation on the project.
* Providing regular, reliable reports and data for monitoring HSSE performance and informing management decisions as per the approved time frame.
* Reviewing the HSSE performance regularly with the Project Management and providing inputs to identify areas for improvement to achieve continual improvement.
* A University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) or NEBOSH Diploma.
* A minimum of 10 years of HSSE experience, 8 of which in Oil & Gas site work.
* Lead Auditor OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
How to Apply
Apply on recruiters website online here