HSEQ is an acronym which means – Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
It is a specialize field which is concern with health, safety, environment and quality management of any organization.
The person who practices the profession is a HSEQ Manager.
Certifications You Need To Be A HSEQ Manager:
To be certified as a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager, you must have the relevant health and safety certification and quality management certification. Some of the basic qualifications needed are:
– HSE Proficiency Certification: HSE Level 1, 2 & 3
– NEBOSH IGC: NEBOSH international general certificate.
– OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001: Occupational health and safety standard.
– ISO 9001: Quality management Standard
– ISO 14001: Environmental management standard.
Together with relevant experience.
Some Responsibilities Of A HSEQ Manager:
- Provide Legislative and regulation advice on all matters relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
- Liaise with registration bodies, customers and suppliers as necessary to resolve problems.
- Responsible for maintaining quality accreditations for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and ISO/IEC UKAS 17020, ensuring periodic audits are scheduled to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing an internal Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management audit schedule.
- Maintain the management system and identify and implement initiatives to improve it including all procedures, processes, safe systems of work, offering support and advice on Risk Assessments, Method statements and COSHH.
- Establish the minimum standard of required by area office representatives, manage and maintain quality training requirements for office representatives.
- Overall responsibility/ authority for all incidents and accident investigations.
- Advise the group on legislative and regulation updates, ensuring all QMS documentation is kept up to date as required.
- and lots more
If you wish to be a HSEQ Professional, you will need to acquire the relevant certifications above together with some relevant experience.
Also understand what could be your expected role and responsibilities in order to scale through in the interview.