HSEQ Engineer – Abu Dhabi
Requisition ID: 2018-27154
Work Location: AE-Abu Dhabi
Department / Discipline: Bids & Proposals
Position Type: Fixed Term
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is expecting a contract award by August 2018 for a project based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
We would be looking to hire a number of Engineering professionals upon contract award. We will contact you if your CV was found suitable to discuss a project and position details.
- We are currently sourcing a HSEQ Engineer to join our team in Abu Dhabi. Successful candidate should be able to perform the below duties and responsibilities;
- Report to the Project Manager on a day to day basis administratively, and interface with Corporate HSEQ Manager.
- Preparation and maintenance of the Project Health, Safety and Quality Management Plans, which will describe the specific requirements of the project and procedures to be followed;
- Ensuring all engineering documents related to safety and the environment receive safety /environmental engineering review;
- Monitor timely and demonstrable compliance with statutory requirements.
- Project focal point for all safety, environmental and quality issues during FEED
- Encourage the development of Quality awareness throughout the project team;
- Monitoring and auditing (directly or via nominees) project activities in consultation with the Project Engineering Manager to ensure compliance with Project Plans and related procedures;
- Ensuring that project quality records are maintained, quality problems are resolved and appropriate feedback is given to the Project Manager;
- Ensuring that Subcontractor’s Quality policies and procedures meet the requirements of the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health, Safety and Quality;
- 8 years minimum Occupational health and Safety in Industrial Services environment;
- Strong technical skills in HSE management and emergency responses.