HSEQ Advisor – Offshore Canada
Our client, a leading oil & gas organization is looking to add a HSEQ Advisor for offshore and onshore work. This is a 6 month independent contract based in St. John’s, NL.
The HSEQ Advisor will be providing offshore leadership with advice related to health, safety, environment and quality related issues as well as the coordination of the HSEQ management systems for the drilling department.
- Leading, administering, communicating and implementing the organization’s HSEQ Management System (Safety Plan) onboard the MODU. Providing oversight on contractor SMS requirements and advice on regulatory / industry standards requirements.
- Demonstrating a leadership presence in the area of HSEQ with the workforce in the field on a daily basis. This includes walk-around of work sites, discussions with workers and supervisors. This is considered one of the primary roles of the HSEQ Advisor.
- Providing oversight to the Emergency Response program including drills offshore and ensure regulatory requirements are met, including drills against Major accident hazards, and that drill requirements outlined in the CAPP publication, “Offshore Petroleum Industry Practice for the Training and Qualifications of Personnel.
- Holding regular safety meetings with all 3rd Party service providers and reporting any safety issues or concerns. Participating and providing information as required in daily pre-tour and regular general safety meetings.
- Ensuring safe operations, as part of this, attending the daily control of work planning meeting as an advisor. Participating in PTW audits.
- Attending JOHSC meetings as an Advisor and assisting the JOHSC meeting members.
- Oversight of the organization’s Incident Management (Element 7) on the MODU. Ensuring timely incident notification and participate in all investigations on the MODU as a team member or lead.
- Ensuring quality of incident data, incident notifications, incident entry and investigation reports, alerts, & bulletins, and corrective action development to prevent or eliminate additional incidents.
- Verification of implementation / gathering of completion evidence of rig based corrective actions to support closure. Other incident management responsibilities as required.
- Providing rig leadership with advice on the implementation of the Environmental Protection and Compliance Monitoring Plan on the MODU. Liaising with Environmental group within HSEQ as needed.
- Responsible for promoting and communicating the organization’s HSE philosophy and safety information on board the MODU to Drilling Contractors and Third Parties especially information from alerts and bulletins and matters that may arise from incident management.
- Responsible for the coordination, reporting and performance monitoring of the Drilling and Completions – Offshore Contractor Oversight Program (DCCOP).
- Facilitating / participating in and/or reviewing of rig based risk assessment (i.e.: PHAs, ERAs, etc) as required.
HSEQ point-of-contact during audits, (including third party) inspections, assessments and visits.
- Assisting with the implementation and promotion of the behavioral based safety program. Coaching and mentoring third party contractors and personnel in this process.
- Responsible for the coordination of HSEQ improvement opportunities, including regulatory compliance, audits, inspections and matters relating to health and hygiene.
Generating a daily report with Key HSEQ information, Incidents Year to date (YTD), emergency response drills status, any safety observations of note, SAS audits planned, executed and any findings.
- Completion of a post-secondary program such as Safety Engineering Technology or 5 years’ of relevant experience working in a safety role is required
- 5 years’ experience conducting incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to work well with others and show leadership where necessary
- Possess excellent computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated to ensure the timely completion of project requirements
- Ability to conduct audits of suppliers and contractors to various management system standards (ISM, ISO 9000 series, ISO 14000 series, etc.)
- Must be willing to work offshore;
- Local NL resident or must be willing to relocate to the area for the duration of the contract.
- The ideal candidate will have experience offshore on a drilling rig or a production installation in a safety role.