HSE Specialist Iowa Fertilizer Company WEVER
Location: WEVER, United States
Close Date: 6/23/2018
Experience: 24 Months
Education: Degree Required Bachelors
Availability: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Lifting Capacity: 20 to 50 lbs
Driver License: Class C- Non-Commercial
Job Benefits: 401K, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, PTO- Paid Time Off, Retirement Benefits, Short Term Disability, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Vacation, Vision Insurance
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for an HSE Specialist to promote safety, health and environmental needs within the entire facility through written procedures, presentations, and by maintaining a presence in the manufacturing environment. They will assist in with development and support of HSE activities including reporting and compliance with state and local regulations and company standards. This candidate must be willing and available to take additional training or education to support the full range of Health, Safety and Environmental needs at the plant. Since this is a 24/7 operation, this role may be asked to support plant HSE needs during off hours and weekends on a rotational basis with other HSE support personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
At a minimum, tasks will include:
• Implements IFCo safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Gains a working understanding of OSHA 1910 General Industry and 1926 Construction standards as it pertains to this plant.
• Supports site HSE inspections, audits, assessments and industrial hygiene surveys to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and best practices, as well as established corporate procedures and requirements.
• Support emergency preparedness plan and provide support for the Emergency Response Team.
• Supports environmental needs including hazardous waste management and auditing.
• Gains a working understanding of environmental regulations on air, waste and water as it pertains to this facility.
• Able to perform and document additional environmental tasks with guidance such as inspections and audits.
• Assist with employee training in the areas of safe chemical handling, spill control and pollution prevention.
• Assist with agency inspections.
• Facilitate incident investigations and reports. Support investigations to determine the root cause of such incidents and develop effective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Experience and Qualification
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering or other technical field preferred; a two year technical degree or other technical training with emphasis on health, safety, fire science, or environmental areas also considered.
• Minimum of 2 years, experience supporting HSE in industry, the military or other relevant work. Fertilizer manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Basic understanding of how regulations relate to manufacturing operations
• Experience working with permits and compliance