HSE Manager with Essentra United States
The position listed below is not with North East Apply but with Essentra.
North East Apply is a private organization that works in collaboration with government agencies to promote emerging careers. Our goal is to connect you with supportive resources to supplement your skills in order to attain your dream career.
Newly created position! HSE Manager – Moorestown, NJ location – Direct Hire – Salary and Annual Bonus Incentive – Upward Mobility!
The main purpose of the role is to support the Divisional HSE Manager in delivering the divisional HSE improvement programs across the assigned sites; to champion the adoption and deployment of robust occupational health & safety and environmental management systems; to ensure that the assigned sites remain compliant with all applicable HSE legislation; to undertake a program of internal HSE audits; to provide competent HSE advice and guidance to site management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Divisional HSE Manager in delivering the divisional HSE improvement program at assigned sites (Moorestown, NJ, – Largo, FL, – Indianapolis, IN)
· Travel to assigned sites 50%
· When not traveling, work at Moorestown site
· Provide competent HSE advice and guidance to site management, including participating in regular site HSE reviews and daily site management meetings
· Promote / develop a positive HSE culture within the assigned sites
· up to 50% travel
· Ensure robust HSE management systems are in place and effective at assigned sites, including:
Coordinating the HSE activities at assigned site(s), championing the adoption and deployment of the HSE management systems. Ensure assigned site(s) remain compliant with all applicable HSE legislation. Undertake and manage a program of internal HSE inspections and audits at assigned sites – and working with site management drive action plans to their conclusion. Maintain HSE compliance calendars, and ensure required activities occur to maintain Regional HSE compliance. Participate in the investigation of employee concerns, HSE Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses, along with corrective action development, implementation and follow-up, providing detailed feedback of findings and advice in a manner which enhances the organizational capability. Work with the site management team to progress safe working practices through the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work. Provide support for the evaluation of training needs and develop/deliver site-specific HSE training. Ensure HSE reviews are integrated into the site Management of Change process. Manage external specialist HSE providers to ensure robust and timely management and assessment of key hazards/risks at assigned sites. Manage the relevant sections of the HSE management system IT platform for assigned sites.
· Understand and react to trends in HSE performance across the assigned site(s)
· Ensure best practice and lessons learnt from incidents within the assigned sites are shared across the Division
· Support the creation of best practice, training programs, etc. for the division and drive across the assigned sites
· Assist the Divisional HSE Manager in the collation and production of a standard monthly HSE Report on divisional performance and improvement programs
· Assist the Divisional HSE Manager in the collation and administration of the division’s submissions to CRC, CDP, FTSE4Good etc.
· As directed by the Divisional HSE Manager, review Employer’s Liability Claims and Worker’s Compensation Claims and support the divisional management team in assessing and dealing with claims.
· Maintain effective working relationships with enforcement agencies, insurers, the local community and other stakeholders (e.g. trade unions, customers, etc.) – managing statutory visits and investigations at assigned sites, including ensuring the Divisional HSE Manager is kept appraised of any visits or proposed visits
Key Skills Needed:
· A proven track record and ability to engage employees
· A minimum 5 years’ experience in a health, Safety and environment role in a manufacturing/chemical and distribution environment
· Willingness to travel – up to 50%
· Educated to graduate level, with relevant professional qualifications and accreditations (e.g. GradIOSH, AIEMA, Member of ASSE)
· Knowledgeable on HSE Legislation and Environmental Initiatives (e.g. CRC, CDP, ESOS) relevant to the assigned sites
· Knowledge and experience of undertaking accident investigations and machinery safety assessments
· Familiar with the implementation and external accreditation audit processes of HSE management systems ( ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 )
· Experience of developing and undertaking internal HSE inspections and audits
· Experience of developing and implementing site level HSE improvement programs
· Experience of developing and delivering effective HSE training programs
· Qualified and competent to conduct Fire and Noise Risk Assessments
· Experience of working with Occupational Health providers and managing Wellbeing programs
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Deliver the global/divisional strategy and programs across assigned sites
· Drive to deliver continuous improvement across all HSE KPIs within the assigned sites
· Committed, enthusiastic individual, capable of calm and methodical discharge of duties
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, combined with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with IT personnel in developing/maintaining in-house systems
· Numerate and analytical, capable of working on own initiative and interfacing with people at all levels across assigned sites