Hse Manager, Truck Push, Dispatcher Positions in Edmonton Canada
The Operations lead is responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient scheduling/delivery functions for the company through being the company representative on location for large projects, aiding with Safety and providing relief for dispatch. He/she will be accountable to manage a communication network to relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and drivers using telephones or two-way radios. Other responsibilities also consist of assigning drivers to trucks, providing accurate directions to pickup and delivery locations and organizing emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
- Operating Equipment
- Manages the overall operations, dispatch communication processes, procedures and people
- Maintain and execute the daily dispatch plan to insure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of outbound load execution.
- Maintain payroll, scheduling, safety, discipline and performance management for the employees in the dispatch process.
- Create and change dispatcher’s schedules as dictated by demand and performance [Future Role].
- Continually monitor workloads throughout the department and actively pursue additional resource when justified.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules
- Create initiatives and procedures that maximize organizational ability to service clients with the most efficiency possible.
- Discuss and resolve issues with drivers concerning bid package questions, on-call status, assignments, etc.
- Breakdown, verify and process driver delivery paperwork.
- Maintain and update the departmental communication log.
- Maintain accurate up to date information on delivery equipment so that drivers will know what they are driving and what is available for use at any given time during the dispatch shift.
- Generally maintain an open and effective dialogue with delivery personnel to insure fairness and clarity of understanding.
- Create and maintain logs necessary to perform quick checks and assessments to ensure the highest quality.
- Respond to complaints with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Efficiently and effectively manage and maintain the fleet of trailers; ensure rentals are returned clean, in a timely fashion and that any Fox Oilfield property is removed (ie Straps and bunks)
- Regular communication with the Shop Foreman to prioritize the completion of work orders.
- Come prepared to both Office and driver meetings to discuss successes, challenges, upcoming work and lost bids.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- College program in logistics or equivalent business related experience preferred
- Management level experience leading a team preferred
- Previous experience with dispatch/call center environment an asset
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
- Advanced computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 100lbs may be required
- RRSP Matching
- 90% Dental Coverage
- 90% Medical Coverage
- Eye Exams Every 18 months
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by clicking in the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.