Organization: Norsk Hydro
Deadline: July 18, 2018
Schedule type: Full-time
City / Location: United States / Rockledge, Florida
Areas of responsibility/Role in Extruded Solution
- Strong commitment to Safety and support development and implementation of the organization’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and programs. Inspects workplaces, and minimize or eliminate hazards from processes, such as incorrect working methods, and materials, such as potentially toxic chemicals. Keeps HSE activities in line with Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) guidelines. Develops a systematic and organized approach to following and complying to environmental regulations, managing waste and/or reducing the business’ carbon footprint to include: air quality, ergonomics and other concepts in the workplace for the well-being and health of all employees and persons involved.
- Plan, communicate and implement health safety and environmental programs, systems and processes to ensure the organization’s compliance with all required standards, rules regulations and requirements.
- Develop and implement annual safety action plan. Responsible for identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness
- Collaborates and coordinates effectively across plant functions
- Develop and maintain and educate hazard response plans and systems.
- Develop health, safety and environmental technical standards, policies and related systems for implementation, monitoring, reporting and adherence.
- Maintain current awareness of technical aspects of the organization’s business and related issues and develop approaches to maintaining compliance with emerging issues and legislation.
- Ensure that employee, contractor personnel, vendors safety is major emphasis of all line management personnel and implement programs to ensure accountability for safety.
- Oversee accident investigation and reporting programs.
- Identify causes of industrial accidents and related hazards. Communicate investigation results to appropriate internal and external authorities. Identify and recommend the implementation of required corrective actions. Follow up on actions
- Conduct new employee and contractor safety orientations and safety training programs.
- Conduct inspections of facilities to determine potential accident and health hazards and recommend corrective or preventative measures as required.
- Recommend the purchase and installation of safety equipment.
- Respond to employee complaints regarding safety, health and environmental issues.
- Ensure employee awareness of hazards of working with chemicals, hazardous substances and toxic fumes.
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of Safety Data Sheets for all applicable materials.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective HSE is implemented and working.
- Determine the requirement for industrial hygiene monitoring of air, noise, heat, ergonomics or other elements and conduct monitoring to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Manage environmental permitting as required.
- Respond to formal complaints and inspections by governmental agencies, attend opening conference, walk through and closing conference.
- Provide data and prepare the organization’s response to complaints or inspection points. Represent the organization with local safety organizations.
- Confer with local government officials and provide coordination with law enforcement, fire-fighting and other emergency response agencies.
- Identify health, safety and, environmental training requirements. Develop training programs and evaluation methods, educate employees by conducting training
- programs, coordinate training schedules and maintain related training documents.
- Develop and Implement oversee employee safety engagement initiatives and incentive programs.
- Develop handling procedures for hazardous materials and waste, coordinate waste pick up and complete manifests.
- Prepare required compliance reporting.
- Coordinate activities of consulting firms providing services related to safety or environmental programs.
- Define and approve specific job requirements that pertain to HSE.
- Responsible for the plants workers compensation program
- Ensure that the Environmental Management System (EMS) conforms to ISO 14001:2015 and report performance to the Management team.
- Requires the ability to perform all duties within limitation of the standard methods and procedures, and in accordance with strict adherence to HSE, Quality and Productivity requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures to include Code of Conduct.
Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management plus three years related experience/training in a manufacturing environment, or six years’ experience in lieu of a degree. Professional certification in Safety, Hazardous Materials, Respiratory Protection, Emergency Response and Hazardous Waste Operations. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions at plants and corporate accordingly. Strong drive to deliver results coupled with the ability to lead, influence and engage the plant team to deliver the results. Proven ability to develop successful partnerships with internal and external team members. Knowledge of process related standards Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.