HSE Manager Job in United States
Requisition ID: 2018-32890
Work Location: US-WY-Evanston
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an HSE Manager with experience in the oil and gas industry to join our team in Evanston, Wyoming. You will be responsible for providing guidance, interpretation and information on all aspects of HSE.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Lead HSE by example
- Align, co-ordinate and support the development, implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management System in accordance with Wood, Business Unit (BU) and worksite requirements
- Provide HSSE support for BU management level HSSE meetings
- Support BU managers, in their dealings with the regulatory authorities, in regards to all BU project activities
- Provide comprehensive advice, interpretation and information on all aspects of HSSE, including regulatory and associated guidance, to all personnel on and offshore in the BU, thereby ensuring consistency of approach in all areas of HSSE management and program implementation
- Provide proactive advice and support on Health, Safety and Environmental issues including: guidance and interpretation of policies and standards; monitoring, auditing and updating of procedures
- Provide information to align with client required contractor information and auditing sources such as ISNetworld, PEC databases, etc.
- Assist in identifying and providing HSSE related training by providing input and material into training and awareness presentations
- Develop and maintain HSSE Risk Registers, Regulatory Register, PPE Matrix and other HSSE related Leading Indicator processes
- Support preparation and reporting of written weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual HSSE reports to Wood and clients
- Support preparation and direct reporting of information to all local, state and federal government required reporting systems such as state DOL, OSHA, BSEE, USCG etc.
- Attend, support and present at client and contractor progress/alignment meetings, client/contractor HSSE quarterly or annual meetings, quarterly or annual performance reviews, and all other client requested HSSE related meetings
- Ensure coordination and support with HSSE/Operations on a regular basis with incident reporting and analysis of reported incidents
- Coordination with BU operations on teaching, supporting, facilitating, leading and managing incident investigations and tracking of meaningful corrective action items to closure
- Prepare and provide statistical performance data, using the corporate reporting systems including screening of all high potential incidents, reviewing incident trends and lost time incidents, ensuring that these are presented to the BU Incident Review Panel (IRP) and monitor action follow up
- Directly respond for all losses and support all efforts in the case management of incidents including working with workers compensation carriers until worker returns to work
- Ensure all losses are filed with insurers
- Enter all losses are entered and tracked by WG systems to closure
- Support BU operations with HSSE related field visitations to work sites
- Provide HSSE assistance wherever needed to ensure compliance and conformance to the Wood Safety Management System that result in continuous improvement
- Provide direct HSEC support to clients development of SWP’s, facility reviews, due diligence as to property purchases
- Provide direct support for completion of higher level HSSE WG processes such as Blue Book, HSE Plan, Wood property purchases, IRP panels, special projects
- Work directly with and provide Wood legal with required information as to current and ongoing cases and provide practical experience
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university
- Certified Safety Professional accreditation or other acceptable safety related certification from a recognised Safety Professional Board is desirable
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- A minimum of three – five (3-5) years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively in team environment and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Includes HSE staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.