HSE Manager job in U.K
Job Type: Full Time
– Use strategic development skills to create reliable internal controls and monitor adherence to those objectives.
– Possess excellent written communication skills needed to draft and revise company policies.
– Proactive work style, keeping ahead of the curve in auditing of processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses before they become problems.
– Critical thinking and attention to detail needed to evaluate business activities (e.g. policies, investments, client partnerships) and assess compliance risk
– Ability to collaborate with both external (eg Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, auditors) and internal professionals such as Directors, HR and Head of Technical, as needed, and compile relevant reporting where required.
– Solid understanding of what is needed to form critical plans to manage crisis events or compliance violations, should they ever occur.
– Teaching skills to educate and train employees on all necessary regulations and industry practices including inductions for all temporary staff.
– Undertake regular safety audits and maintain up to date risk assessments for all relevant areas and for all appropriate activities
– Manage regular fire drills and ensure appropriate fire safety equipment is installed and regularly maintained
– Conduct weekly/monthly site audits taking remedial action where necessary.
– Ensure all statutory requirement examinations are completed and remedial actions undertaken.
– KPI’s to be reported on a weekly basis.
– Manage the accident reporting and investigation process and co-ordinate RIDDOR notifications, where required.
– Coach, advise and assist managers in the implementation of client’s health and safety systems and procedures.
– Deliver health and safety training as needed, keeping all employees up to date, or source specialist external providers, if appropriate
– Liaise with clients external Health and Safety advisors as necessary.
– Update reports and statistics on compliance and activity for review by the Health and Safety Committee and the MD at regular meetings to educate and inform with regard to liabilities, performance trends, risks and opportunities
– Actively promote safety awareness and safe working practices across the business
– NEBOSH General Certificate
– Significant experience as a Compliance/ HSE Manager.
– In depth knowledge of current legislation and procedures.
– Fluency in manufacturing practices and professional standards.
– Exceptional written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
– Excellent collaborative teamwork skills.
– Attention to detail and strategic thinking style.
– Proficient in MS Office.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.