HSE Manager Iraq
Job Type: Full-time
CH2M currently have a requirement for 2 HSE Managers to join us on a EPCM project in Umm Qasr, Iraq working on a 28×28 rotation. These position are focused on HSE management and leadership elements and will oversee Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) aspects of the project, implementing and delivering robust HSE Management systems on the project. This will include ensuring the contractors are aligned to the project / Client / International best practices & HSE requirements.
The role reports to the Project Manager on the project.
- Perform the duties of the HSE Manager on site in accordance with Client / Contract requirements.
- Coordinating all HSE matters related to the work
- Completing the HSE deliverables as appropriate at the relevant stages during the execution of the work
- Launching key HSE programmes
- Preparation of the related HSE procedures and the monitoring/ control of their implementation, including those related to worker’ s welfare.
- Provide advice to Project Manager, Resident Engineers and direction to the Supervision team of Engineers and Inspectors for the supervision of the construction of the works.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Project Manager, Resident Engineers, Supervision Team members and with the contractor’s counterpart staff.
- Establishes the emergency and evacuation procedures on the project in accordance with the Medical Emergency Response Plan.
- Assure that the construction works are carried out in accordance with contract specifications and procedures.
- Assure the safety and welfare for all project personnel.
- Monitor the implementation of HSE plans by regular surveillance, scheduled audits and where necessary suggest corrective action.
- Assure that all working on the project comply with BGC 12 Life Saving Rules.
- Ensure that training is carried out in accordance with contractors training plans and client requirements.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Science
- NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate
- CSP / CMIOSH or working towards
- 10+ year’s experience working in a construction supervision HSE role.
- Experience in civil- marine construction desirable.
- Prior experience in Oil & Gas desirable
- Prior experience in the Middle East desirable
Interested candidates should APPLY HERE