HSE Manager Chibeco Oil and Gas Limited
Location: Rivers state
Job type: Full time
About Chibeco Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited
Chibeco Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited is a 100% wholly Nigerian owned indigenous oil and gas trading company with headquarters in Port Harcourt, River state, Nigeria. They are committed to marketing the best quality and accurate quantity of NNPC specification/standard petroleum products to their customers in record time.
Chibeco Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited needs the services on a HSE Manager to manage the Health and safety structure of the company.
- Support the top management in the HSE policy and guidelines issue.
- Support the top management in the organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety.
- Support the top management in the HSE Management system standard issues.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the company’s HSE system.
- Takes part in accident/incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accidents/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support for senior management on any safety related issues.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Carries out safety audit on sub-contractor.
- Liaise between client on safety related issues.
- Safety related engineering input into new projects and modification program.
- Participates to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Perform risk assessment.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate safety and environment systems procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in legislation and company directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all personnel respecting the importance of complying with company’s system and procedures and all safety equipment provided.
- Assist the commercial, engineering and operations department in their dealings with client in all issues concern with health and safety at work.
- Conduct safety audit, both internal and external.
- Preparation of health and safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities..
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Bachelor’s degree or HND
- Bachelor’s degree in science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualification in HSE and fire safety management system.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and environment management systems, environmental discharges, incident command system, incident investigation by using Tripod Beta Tool, HSE auditing techniques, HEMP, radiological safety.
- 3 years or above experience in Health, safety and environment and fire services in hydrocarbon processing plant, of which 1 year should be in a supervisory role, 1 year in gas plant or refinery.
- Industrial hygiene and gas dispersion, modeling, explosion indices and ISO 14001: 2004 and OHSAS 18001.
- Good knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title as the subject.