HSE Manager Angola
Subsaharan Africa-Angola-LUANDA-AO-DOWNTOWN CENTER
Professional Area: INTEGRATED HSE PROCESS
– | Expert | Residential
We are currently recruiting a HSE Manager for our activities in Angola, to provide expertise in planning, organizing and controlling all Health, Safety and Environment activities, ensuring the material and human means necessary for their development in compliance with the procedures established by the Company, guidelines and applicable legal requirements.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Planning, organizing and controlling the team activities, ensuring proper functioning of the operations and compliance with the Company’s rules and procedures;
- Coordinating with line manager on the analysis of all ongoing projects, identifying the resources necessary up to the good development of the HSE operations;
- Analysing team’s training needs.
Preparing and monitoring the implementation of the budget approved for area of activity;
- Preparing and implementing rules and procedures according to the rules and legal procedures and to the policy of ENI Angola;
- Supporting the HSE Director in complying with statutes and regulations;
- Ensuring that the developed products and processes meet the standards established by the Company;
- Disclosing the Emergency and Safety Plan through the different areas of the Company;
- Keeping all certifications and licenses required for the Company updated;
- Ensuring that in all projects, the documentation regarding health, safety and environment, is duly updated, organized and according to the requirements of each.
- Organizing regular audits, ensuring that all HSE aspects are in accordance with the established rules and procedures.
- Investigating the causes of the accidents recorded, and reporting the appropriate conclusions to line manager;
- Drafting analysis reports of work accidents, suggesting changes so as to reduce their occurrence.
- Ensuring communication between HSE and the other areas of the Department;
- Ensuring that all Departments follow the approved HSE procedures.
- Supporting line manager in carrying out regular risk assessments and in drafting summary reports;
- Promoting QSSA mechanisms, reducing energy consumption and trash volume;
- Drafting QSSA process assessment reports aimed at implementing improvement processes.
- Extensive experience of oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of Portuguese and English, both spoken and written;
Requirements and Experience:
- Education at graduate level or higher in Quality, Environment and/or Hygiene and Safety at Work;
- Knowledge of the country’s regulatory legislation regarding Health, Safety and Environment;
- Knowledge of the Company´s Health, Safety and Environment regulatory policies;
- Knowledge of Budgeting and management control, Continuous improvement tools, Auditing organization and control techniques, Report drafting techniques, Incident record analysis techniques, System and procedure control.